• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 charger vin ???

Dillon555mil

Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Hello I have a 1966 charger and I was wondering if the clock feature Is in the code? Also how do I tell if I have the towing package? Where is the fender tag on this car (noob). Could I put the 66 charger rotating clock in and say it came factory? What is the best way to remove the chrome trim? ( off my parts car )

Neither the clock or the towing package are listed as options on the fender tag. You would need your build sheet for a complete list of factory installed options. If your Charger does not have a HEMI and had the tow package it would most likely have HD breaks and the 26 inch radiator.

If your removing the trim around your windows buy a removal tool.
Looks like the one at the very bottom of the picture
41K5w1g39LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The fender trim varies depending on location, the rear J moldings are held on by nuts inside the trunk, the rear fender trim is held down by clips that can be poped loose with a putty knife. Doors have nuts at each end and clips in the middle as well as the front fender trim. Take your time and you will figure it out.

the only info you can tell from the VIN is what plant it was made at, and what engine it came with

clock was just another option, like power steering & brakes.

fender tag is under the hood on inner fender next to battery

a service manual on CD would be your best friend, I have copies here

Bryan (I can decode your fender tag and broadcast sheet if you have those)

Ok. Thanks, I have a rotating clock that works do I can put it in and say it was factory? I do not have a build sheet.

Ok. Thanks, I have a rotating clock that works do I can put it in and say it was factory? I do not have a build sheet.

well, yea, you can put it in and say it was factory if you want

is the clock a 66 or 67 clock? they are different and will not work if it's the wrong year.

how many wires and what color are the wires coming out the clock shaft at bottom? do you have all the correct mounting pieces to mount the clock?

Bryan

well, yea, you can put it in and say it was factory if you want

is the clock a 66 or 67 clock? they are different and will not work if it's the wrong year.

how many wires and what color are the wires coming out the clock shaft at bottom? do you have all the correct mounting pieces to mount the clock?

Bryan

I just picked up the clock and 4 speed console top-from a '67 I was told. How can you tell the difference between that and a '66 clock?

that's my write-ups on decoding the first generation Charger tags.

the 66 clocks have 3 wires out the bottom, white, gray, & black

the 67 clocks have 4 wires, I'm unsure of colors

clocks wiring cannot be plugged into opposite year harness.....

Bryan

Very cool. Thanks for your effort.

I've used that info extensively.

Buy you a beer next time you're in FL.

Auto Transport Service
Back