• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet 500 Driver, Light Resto

Well, I think it's time to get started on this project. I think the misfire is either a weak spring or a valve guide not letting the valve close. Car ran perfectly when I first started it and then started misfiring after some run time. It was pretty continuous until the other day when I started it and it ran perfectly! I shut it off and on restart, it was missing again.
Anyway, I've decided to order the stainless 3/8" fuel line and proceed with the sniper install and tuning. I will use this thread to document the install along with some video on my you tube channel. Keep checking back!

All of this fun you're having makes me think of Roseanne Rossanadana. "If it ain't one thing, it's another".

Last edited:
All of this fun you're having makes me think of Roseanne Rossanadana. "If it ain't one thing, it's another".
I loved that character. Back when SNL was actually funny.

The original is still the best. Her quip was very in tune with many things. Like our old rides.

Ok, so after being at carlisle and seeing all the cool cars and passing so many on the way home, I've decided it's finally time to get this car running and driving and presentable.
First on the list is to install the fuel pump module I made for it. I will work on that over the next couple days and post pics as I go. I will also have a video of the efi conversion that will probably be in 2 parts and include dyno tuning the holley, cuz, well, 'I gotta guy'

Nice meeting you at Carlisle. We need to see that car in person. By the way, Sleemans or Laker???

So raising this up from the dead. I am getting ready to get started n the holley sniper installation but had to get the fuel pump module build out of the way first. I did a video of making my friend Brad's module but the process for mine is the same, and I did mine first. I didn't do a video of mine because I was sort of like a drunk man stumbling down a drak hallway figuring it out. I wanted to experiment on mine before I did his. His turned out nicer than mine with the soldering. I will detail mine with pics here as well as video when I get started.
I'm not a professional videographer, so please be kind. You can skip through this and make your own if you are so inclined. It was fun making this and I'm really excited to get back on this project. Building the rooms in my shop is taking priority currently, but this 500 will be happening shortly.
Enjoy:

Auto Transport Service
Back