• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Convertible

Got a whole ton of misc stuff done since last post. Fixed the trunk springs, trunk lid stays up now; got all the windows lined up and adjusted, weatherstripping and seals replaced, drivers side door hinges replaced; rebuilt and installed the dash clock; took her for the first test drive since the project started today!

Done some tuning, a few misc things, installed the new convertible boot and snaps today, really cleans her up. Just about ready for Carlisle.

newconvboot.jpg

Threw her in the trailer the other day for the hell of it. Main reason; I've been towing with frame straps/chains for years wanted to go to wheel straps. Worked out fine, everything fit. Test hauled for a bit, no worries. Wanted to make sure it would all fit and work and not find out something didnt fit the night before driving to Carlisle. LOL. All good.

Another note; with everything nearly done, I've been driving the car around here pretty regularly, she's doing about 10 MPG total. Not that I care. Runs like a scalded dog. Starts on a bump of the key. My foot might have got heavy and contributed to that MPG.

trailercheck.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back