• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet with no headlight mounts. Will 1967 mounts work?

RobBob

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Ok so my 1966 Coronet has no bracket bucket headlight mounts, and I understand they were welded on. I cannot find replacements for 1966.

Would 1967 bolt on bracket mounts work?

That is a very good question, hit the thread up with a few pics . I have a 67

There should be lots out there. The Plymouth ones should be the same I would think. Check for ads in Mopar Collectors Guide, Hemming's, or parts suppliers advertisers in Mopar Action.

Nope.

All four different

I may have one side.

Maybe your 66 got 67 fenders or Charger fenders put on it at some point? Can you see where metal was cut or spotwelds drilled. Does it have threaded inserts to mount the headlight brackets?

66 coronets are welded on
67 coronets bolt on after the new car was painted.
66-67 Charger are bolt on

66-67 Plymouth are welded on and very different from each other and the Dodges. The front of the Plymouth fender is very different and much shorter.

Maybe your 66 got 67 fenders or Charger fenders put on it at some point? Can you see where metal was cut or spotwelds drilled. Does it have threaded inserts to mount the headlight brackets?

66 coronets are welded on
67 coronets bolt on after the new car was painted.
66-67 Charger are bolt on

66-67 Plymouth are welded on and very different from each other and the Dodges. The front of the Plymouth fender is very different and much shorter.
Thanks for the information. It seems to me that I took a right side set from a 66 Coronet and the body guy made it work on the left. Might have been left to right, but it was done.

I have these.

20200617_194855.jpg 20200617_194906.jpg

I finally got back to tack a pic of what I have left of where the mounts were. Can barely tell where welded on.

20200618_133127.jpg 20200618_133136.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back