• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite Hood ornament bolt and locator hole spacing?

I have an OEM 66 ornament but don't have the base. I just liked the one that said 383 on it. I guess the made the blank ones to replace on any model when broke?

IMG_0453.JPG

I have an OEM 66 ornament but don't have the base. I just liked the one that said 383 on it. I guess the made the blank ones to replace on any model when broke?

View attachment 1189381

I have one like that as well, also NOS. the blank ones are slant six cars. When the guy who did my car back in the late 90s. he ran the original OEM part numbers for all the engine callout applications . And they all superseded to the same one you and I have . Thats blank
But Im afraid I dont have an extra 66 base except for the one on my car

I have one like that as well, also NOS. the blank ones are slant six cars. When the guy who did my car back in the late 90s. he ran the original OEM part numbers for all the engine callout applications . And they all superseded to the same one you and I have . Thats blank
But Im afraid I dont have an extra 66 base except for the one on my car

That's good info and makes total sense! I'll make a post looking for a base. I bet someone will have one!

Have base and ornament. Base is OK low side of driver quality $10. Ornament is same a little better chrome is cracked re chrome if you want it mint. If you want it $25. plus $8 shipping if you 1 or both. The black paint on ornament is peeling. No engine call out sticker I removed it, 318.
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG

Thanks for the reply, If no one turns up with a little nicer baseplate I'll take yours! Mark

The 1966 slant six and 273 V8's have the frogs' legs on both sides. That's what I put on my '66 because it's nobody's business what's under the hood. Besides, it's a 318.

Auto Transport Service
Back