• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite - inboard spring kit - how much gained?

Garceau

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
Good evening folks....

Full disclosure - I haven't messed with a leaf spring set up in a long time. All of our cars got narrowed and 4 link set up.

But just picked up a 66 satellite. Its going to need a rear spring upgrade. I'm still deciding on exactly what. But when this happens I'm pretty certain I'll move springs inboard.

Knowing that there are several factors limiting tire size on these cars without additional body mods, which I'm not interested.

Just curious what size tire and back spacing on wheel will get a little more tread to the ground.

8.75 rear end in it.

Found a few good threads on the moving the springs in. Good reads. Just looking for a bit more info on a healthy street cruiser.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This is with a mini tubbed shorten D60 with 10 inch rims and 5.5 b.s.. I can fit a 12 inch rim with 6.5 b.s. it's the way the quarter panel rolls in is what we have to watch out for on the 66-67 Plymouths

0803212043a_HDR.jpg 0803212042_HDR.jpg

4.75" to 5" BS 8" wheels more BS than 7". Had L60 x 15" 7" wheels 4" BS rubbed. The concave area is the problem area.

Auto Transport Service
Back