• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite wiper problems

500stroker

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
The wipers in my ride only work on high and when you move the switch to off they blades park where ever they want. Anyone got any ideas where to start.
Thanks in advance:thinker:

easy enough to unplug and check for power on each setting at the bulk head connector.

Do you have a Factory Service Manual? That will give you the proper testing procedure for the switch and motor. If I had to guess you have a switch and/or wiring problem. There could also be an issue with the contact plate on the motor. If you need copies of the FSM let us know.

Cr8crshr's ride has the same problem for said type car. Do you know if you have a variable speed system or not? They had 2 different wiper motors, 2 speed & variable. The switches are different as well for the 2 systems to control them. Mixing up the switches will give your problems as mentioned. DAMHIK, Good Luck

I do not have the factory manual. A copy would help and would be much appreciated.
Do you have a Factory Service Manual? That will give you the proper testing procedure for the switch and motor. If I had to guess you have a switch and/or wiring problem. There could also be an issue with the contact plate on the motor. If you need copies of the FSM let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can tell the my system is 3 speeds off/lo/hi.
Cr8crshr's ride has the same problem for said type car. Do you know if you have a variable speed system or not? They had 2 different wiper motors, 2 speed & variable. The switches are different as well for the 2 systems to control them. Mixing up the switches will give your problems as mentioned. DAMHIK, Good Luck

3 speed/2 speed, same same unless you want to start to shove!

Found the problem with the help of Jules Dadio - great wiper guy.
After sending my wiper motor to Jules and find out nothing was wrong with it, I discovered that I was trying to operate a 3 speed motor with a 2 speed switch. After a long search I simply changed out the switch an all my problems were gone.
Yes, there are 2 speed, 3 speed and variable speed configurations.
There are only two switchs available.
You must run the 2 speed switch with the 2 speed motor.
The switch you use for the 3 speed arrangement also works with the variable speed setup - dont ask me how it goes against anything I was every taught about circuit wiring.
If anyone needs a 2 speed switch I have one for sale.

Found the problem with the help of Jules Dadio - great wiper guy.
The switch you use for the 3 speed arrangement also works with the variable speed setup - dont ask me how it goes against anything I was every taught about circuit wiring.
If anyone needs a 2 speed switch I have one for sale.

Leave it to Mother Mopar to come up with something goofy like that. glad you got it fixed.

Auto Transport Service
Back