• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 tach w CDI

dragrazor

Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
Want to use my OEM tach 1966 style !, even tho now have a FAST Sportsman 303000. have gotten many answers, not many the same...........Any help or advice greatly appreciated...Thanks

OEM tachs usually require a tach adapter box. My Challenger runs a MSD adapter with a Crane ignition box.

Some tachometers or factory fuel injection systems may not interface directly with an MSD Ignition Control. The PN 8910 is designed to correct this problem by producing a signal similar to the factory setup for these applications. The PN 8910 will convert the trigger signal into a signal the factory tachometer or fuel injection recognizes. Note: The PN 8910 is designed for non-current limiting (originally equipped with a ballast resistor) such as breaker points or optical triggered distributors.
Doug

OEM tachs usually require a tach adapter box. My Challenger runs a MSD adapter with a Crane ignition box.

Some tachometers or factory fuel injection systems may not interface directly with an MSD Ignition Control. The PN 8910 is designed to correct this problem by producing a signal similar to the factory setup for these applications. The PN 8910 will convert the trigger signal into a signal the factory tachometer or fuel injection recognizes. Note: The PN 8910 is designed for non-current limiting (originally equipped with a ballast resistor) such as breaker points or optical triggered distributors.
Doug

Doug
thanks for the advice, my Charger is specific on how tach works as it has a sender, that is interfaced with tach and coil, 3 wires to the sender etc. Not at shop so can not explain what the 3 do :-( sender has been upgraded. My ignition box and the FAST 303000 only have connections for each other, no additional wires etc. Sure would like to hear from someone that has same set up The Crane box you may be using looks very similar to my now no longer manufactured 6000- 6405 FAST ign via diagrams I have found on various sites
Put an rte tach board in my charger and used the tach output from the MSD atomic in my charger.

RTE 64-66 Tach kit - rte
mine has been upgraded as well, but there is no extra wiring on the 6000-6405 ign box FAST to the ECU FAST 303000, going to look a wiring diagram for your Atomic MSD, thanks for the help :)

Auto Transport Service
Back