• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere II wagon home from the body shop

Jim 68cuda

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
I must be crazy. My 68 Charger has been at the body shop for years undergoing some extensive cosmetic surgery. It finally came home a few weeks ago. Then today, my 67 Belvedere wagon came home from another body shop. Now I have two cars in kit form to reassemble and get back on the road. Hoping the Charger will be ready in time for Chrysler Carlisle this year. Maybe the wagon will be ready for next year's Chrysler Carlisle. Meanwhile, there are other projects to be completed like the front end rebuild on my Barracuda convertible currently on the lift.
DSCN0064.JPG
DSCN0068.JPG
DSCN0073.JPG
DSCN0079.JPG
DSCN0080.JPG
DSCN0081.JPG
DSCN0083.JPG
DSCN0084.JPG
DSCN0085.JPG
DSCN0087.JPG

I wish my wagon was as clean as yours!
Mike
The tan wagon was a mostly dismantled (but mostly complete) rolling shell when I bought it last spring. I decided to buy it after figuring out the white wagon I had would need too much body work. The tan wagon was very straight and solid. This is my other wagon. Over all, its fairly solid, but the rust it has is in difficult to fix areas like the channels around the rear side glass for example. Mechanically, its got a very reliable freshly rebuilt 318 and cold blowing a.c.
197429_174160075964384_5886344_n.jpg

The tan wagon was a mostly dismantled (but mostly complete) rolling shell when I bought it last spring. I decided to buy it after figuring out the white wagon I had would need too much body work. The tan wagon was very straight and solid. This is my other wagon. Over all, its fairly solid, but the rust it has is in difficult to fix areas like the channels around the rear side glass for example. Mechanically, its got a very reliable freshly rebuilt 318 and cold blowing a.c.
View attachment 895560
The white wagon certainly looks to be worth saving.
Mike

The white wagon certainly looks to be worth saving.
Mike

Oh, it definitely is. I just don't see myself being the one to restore it. It would likely mean welding in sections on the quarters, roof, and D pillar, around the rear side glass, from a doner wagon. Also has rust and bondo in the spare tire well in the right rear quarter, and on the trunk floor under the cargo area. It also has rust in the dog legs at the trailing edge of the rockers and I expect to find rust hidden by the rocker trim. The tailgate itself is not salvageable. Once my tan wagon is done, and if I don't have to pirate any bits from the white wagon to complete the tan wagon, then, I will probably end up selling the white wagon. Though a couple people have expressed interest, I probably won't be making that decision till next year.
belvedere2.jpg

Jim
Could you post some good pictures of your D/S mirror.
I am trying to find a correct one for my 66 Plymouth Belvedere I wagon.
I assume they are the same style.

Thanks,

Randy

Jim
Could you post some good pictures of your D/S mirror.
I am trying to find a correct one for my 66 Plymouth Belvedere I wagon.
I assume they are the same style.

Thanks,

Randy
Its a pretty standard mirror. Same one as every 67-68 A & B body I've ever had. Not sure if its correct for 66.
DSCN0101.JPG

Its a pretty standard mirror. Same one as every 67-68 A & B body I've ever had. Not sure if its correct for 66.
View attachment 900432
Thanks Jim.

I believe you are correct on the years. I found a 66 Dodge Coronet wagon in the junk yard the other day and it looked like this one. I have not seen an original 66 Plymouth Belvedere wagon one yet. Some say it came with a twin post mirror, but the outline of the base that was on the door did not match up.
Glad to see someone out there likes wagons too.
I just finished my wagon I owned for 15 years. I did not repaint it, since I will leave that up to the next owner. I left the old patina on it. We did upgrade a 440 motor, disc brakes, 489 sure grip, installed a 4 speed and original hump, etc.. It will be up for sale soon. Probably too pricey for a lot, but try and find a nice rust free wagon today.
Yours is going to be a nice wagon.

Auto Transport Service
Back