• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Hemi water pump pulley - no ac with power steering unit-doesn't line up

Here are close ups of the caps. Notice the curved cut out at front and back. “Vented” stamped on top. “S“ stamped on rivet.

Dean, is there some reason why you would think I would post false info on these cars? When I don’t know I the answer don’t post anything. When I see something wrong I say something. Most folks are trying to get cars to be pretty stock and original appearing so I’m trying to help out.

Is there a reason why you think you have a level of knowledge above what I’m posting here on your threads? The skid plate post still cracks me up, half the people posted on the thread thought it was home made. Until I posted photos of my car and links to the 2 different types of skid plates. LOL

You bought this 54 year old car taken apart in boxes and you want to challenge the level of knowledge here on this board?

6AD2D892-0052-41CE-AB96-4CDD0EB2F30A.jpeg 1704E25B-D23C-4CEF-9AFB-FD1909AAACFB.jpeg 39D25D92-9F95-4F1B-9721-19889700FAE5.jpeg B445A19E-CF9E-4664-A181-24496F37D3A0.jpeg

I was under the impression Hemis got a smaller diameter w/p pulley. Like an a/c one. Not the standard BB one.
And p/s pump lids have dipsticks.
Wrong on all accounts LoL.
Will try again next Monday.

Yeah I have a 93 stang that a guy wants me to put a used pro charger kit on... but I like the idea of cracking a bed and going back to beer much better

I was under the impression Hemis got a smaller diameter w/p pulley. Like an a/c one. Not the standard BB one.
You are not totally wrong. 1969-1971 street hemi had different pulleys, the WP pulley was smaller and not as deep. You can fully see the 4 bolt heads to mount the water pump. They are not like an AC pulley, which were much smaller and shallower.

The 69-71 street hemi alternator had a dual pulley and only used the front groove to drive it. The rear alt groove doesn’t line up with anything.

Yesterday I removed the water pump pulley assembly and re-installed correctly, with belt.
Water pump pulley and fan.JPG
Power steering belt.JPG
Alternator water pump crank belt.JPG

P.S. For the purists, I also ordered the correct belt without the ridges.

Looks good. Nice it all fit Together without another shopping trip.

I don’t mind the belts like you have it’s when they are ribbed on the top they look funky and draw your eye to them.

If you care The fan spacer should be plated clear or silver. Not painted black. They don’t corrode easily so they have some kind of plating on them.

Power steering cap and a PS reservoir like mine. bought at a swap meet. Cap should be unpainted.
ps cap.jpg
ps cap1.jpg
P1050017.JPG

That cap is very hard to find with the dipstick. I’ve never seen one on a 1967 car.

And that reservoir can with the 5/8” return pointing up is for 1966 and older, they changed to the small return line fitting out the side in 1968-1968.

Auto Transport Service
Back