• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger rear seat not secure

Potshot

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at the rear seats in my 67 Charger and wondering why they're so loose on the front corner that has the bracket. Is it possible there was some sort of plastic grommet that fit in the floor bracket?

The car is a pretty good survivor and 95 of what it came with is present and functional. It's just weird that the rear seat bottoms are as loose as they are.

Pictures? There should be hooks.

Hi, I'm looking at the rear seats in my 67 Charger and wondering why they're so loose on the front corner that has the bracket. Is it possible there was some sort of plastic grommet that fit in the floor bracket?

The car is a pretty good survivor and 95 of what it came with is present and functional. It's just weird that the rear seat bottoms are as loose as they are.
Take the bottom out. You will see how the clip fastens to the bracket. You have to also make sure the back hook slides into it’s bracket first. Push hard on the bottom of the front frame and clip it in place. Also there might be a screw or bolt near the tunnel that attaches the front of the frame to a bracket. If needed I can take pictures of my set up.

Thanks guys. Yes, the screw was there and the bent metal loop in back fits tight and fine. The metal loop on the seat just doesn't have any tension on the floor bracket and rattles around in it no matter what I do. I'll give it another shot this morning.

PXL_20211107_215524338.jpg PXL_20211107_215513363.jpg

Are you sure you are getting it hooked? They are usually a bugger to get in. Or maybe it is not the correct bottom for the car?

You can tweak those hooks with a 4 or 5 lb hammer pretty easily. I had one that had been bent to the rear to where I had to work for an hour to get the seat out. I gave it a few whacks towards the front and now it goes in and out with little effort. I may have to tighten it up a little if it rattles.

there is no padding under your carpet

there is no padding under your carpet
PXL_20211108_153632169.jpg

There's padding, just not under the seat. Not sure what's up with that.

Are you sure you are getting it hooked? They are usually a bugger to get in. Or maybe it is not the correct bottom for the car?

Yep, definitely the right seat and definitely a bugger.

You can tweak those hooks with a 4 or 5 lb hammer pretty easily. I had one that had been bent to the rear to where I had to work for an hour to get the seat out. I gave it a few whacks towards the front and now it goes in and out with little effort. I may have to tighten it up a little if it rattles.

This tip helped a lot. I still think I'll probably do something to shim the seat up a little bit because it's a little bit loose and I'm a little leery of bending those bars around too much. But definitely thanks for this tip.

View attachment 1190861

There's padding, just not under the seat. Not sure what's up with that.

Yep, definitely the right seat and definitely a bugger.

This tip helped a lot. I still think I'll probably do something to shim the seat up a little bit because it's a little bit loose and I'm a little leery of bending those bars around too much. But definitely thanks for this tip.

my 66 does not have padding or carpet under the rear seats.

Auto Transport Service
Back