• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet gas tank

lemondana

Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
I need a new gas tank. Is any brand better than the other, or do they all come from the same place? Ditto on the fuel sending unit. Thanks in advance!

Most of the tanks available are made by Spectra, in Stratford, Ontario, about an hours drive from where I live. They do not sell to the public, only to parts outlets. I recently saved over $200.00Can. by buying an new tank from RockAuto in Wisconsin for my '67 R/T, over buying from local Car Quest. The tank went across the border twice.

Tanks same but sending units go from crap to crappier
Do you know where I can get a sending unit that will work on my 67 Hemi Coronet? The one in now will go to the empty E and won’t go any farther? Had it checked and it’s getting the signal pulse, but won’t go any farther. Had instrument cluster calibrated by JC Auto-restorations, they say it’s the sending unit and may need a signal booster of some sort? Help!!!

Do you know where I can get a sending unit that will work on my 67 Hemi Coronet? The one in now will go to the empty E and won’t go any farther? Had it checked and it’s getting the signal pulse, but won’t go any farther. Had instrument cluster calibrated by JC Auto-restorations, they say it’s the sending unit and may need a signal booster of some sort? Help!!!
Not sure if your dealing with a aftermarket sender but if you are.
MeterMatch Fuel Gauge Interface Module
These guys sell a meter match that may help sinc.your sender and gauge.

I recently put one of these tanks in my 67 Coronet. From ebay seller TomsClassic. Second stainless steel tank I have bought from them, and no problems. Tanks seem to be good quality. I also posted on FBBO about the source I found for the filler and vent hoses that saved me several bucks.

1966-1967 MOPAR Stainless Steel Gas tank Charger Coronet GTX Satellite | eBay

DSC01713.JPG

SAVE and reuse your OEM sending unit lock ring!!!

...and consider not using the supplied gasket, but instead using a red toilet valve gasket.

Here is the thread about the filler hoses.
66-67 B Body fuel fill hose size

Also, the lock rings being too thin used to be a problem, but they seem to have corrected it. I measured the thickness of the new ring VS my original and a couple of old used ones from cars that I parted out. They were all so close that it should not be a problem. One was even thicker than the original, but I don't remember if it was the one that came with the tank, or with the new sending unit.

I wonder if Chinese steel vs old school US steel could be an issue regardless of thickness.

Just wondering out loud.

We all know there IS a difference. Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't.

Auto Transport Service
Back