• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 Coronet R/T - Value guide

MoparR/T

Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
1967 Dodge Coronet R/T. 440, automatic, PS, front PDB, buckets, console and A/C. Vinyl roof. Has fresh re-paint. Allegedly, it has a 1968 period correct (?) 440 engine & tranny.

So, how much does the cars worth go down if drive train is NOT original?

Asking price is $32,000

Thanx!

Today at 1:21 AM
+ QuoteReplyBookmark

R/Ts are really hard to value. For $32k you should be able to get a car that's really nice, I mean really nice. Needs nothing type car and has a slick paint job on it, car would have a lot of correct parts and very good chrome.

I just picked up a project that I paid way too much for but it has a ton of local history and it's 99.9% complete from front to back. It'll make a really nice restored car when it's done. It was worth it to me.

Check Hagerty and Mecum sites for values.

Since 67 did not have VIN stamps the non born with driveline would not impact it as much. 10-15% less in value but if you have no reference point it doesn't mean anything.

Point is, if you like the car and think it's worth it then it is. And, if you buy at a certain price chances are someone else might do the same.

32k for a nice driver...not overpriced but should be nice...the R/T's have jumped in price the past year but still lag behind the 67 GTX...for whatever reason the GTX gets more money overall.

Thanks, guys. The VIN stamp comment makes me feel a little bit better. I'm away on vacation right now, but plan to follow up with owner when I get back. Car seems to be a really, really nice car. I'm curious to see how negotiable he is. I'm not looking for a show car, nor can I afford an investment quality car, so this car really fits me well.

Stay tuned!
Bill

It took me a year to finally find my Coronet. In that year, I became an expert on what 68-70 B bodies (of various flavors) should cost. By the time I found my 68, I knew it was a good deal, and in my price range. Just saying... get to know your quarry, before you go hunting and pull the trigger.

It took me a year to finally find my Coronet. In that year, I became an expert on what 68-70 B bodies (of various flavors) should cost. By the time I found my 68, I knew it was a good deal, and in my price range. Just saying... get to know your quarry, before you go hunting and pull the trigger.

X3...6 years ago I bought the 67 R/T seen in the photo. It had a non matching numbers 440 that was "OK" I paid 12k for the car but the rad leaked...needed a door hinge...and was not original color inside or out. It looked as good in the pic as in person. Since I got a lot of great deals...like the cragars and new tires for 225.00....a reconditioned 66 dana with 354 gears for 650.00....I installed a hemi with a 91 water block,caltrac suspension,frame extenders...a lot of time and stuff but well worth it...the pic is the car after purchase with the cragars

IM000905.JPG

Last edited:
This is a tough one. I own one and as much as I would like to say they are worth a ton, they seem to have slipped a little here lately in the past 6 months or so.

Which I don't really understand. They are on the 50 year anniversary of the R/T, and are the first R/T ever for the Mopar brand. While the 67 GTX commands a little more, for whatever reason, I personally think they are both two of the most under appreciated Mopars / muscle cars of all time.

Here lately I have seen some real nice ones with matching engines in the $25-$30k range which seems to be bargain prices. A year or so ago a high end matching #s was going for $35-$40.

Though it all depends on how nice the car is and how much you want it. Post some pics if you get a chance. Would love to take a look at what you are considering and am glad to help.

Last edited:
It is a tough one. My 67 GTX has a 68 440 in it also. I bought it for about $11k 16 years ago and probably have well over $30,000 in it now - maybe close to $40k and it could still stand to be painted. Lots of expensive stuff - replaced most of the glass with better glass, replaced a lot (a whole lot) of trim, dyed the interior to freshen up, restored/retextured and dyed most hard plastic. Rebuilt & refinished gages, new Magnum 500s & redlines, rebuilt the transmission with lots of new stuff, All-Trim restored tail panel, grill, tail light bezels, added PB, re-cored radiator, rebuilt AC system and charged with R12, new heater core, new rear and sure grip, rebuilt/restored entire suspension, new brakes front to rear, complete TTI exhaust, hood pad, weatherstripping, etc. A lot of this was before reproduction tail light bezels, consoles and tail panels were introduced so very expensive to restore. With exception of gages and trim restoration I did nearly all the labor myself. And yet it's not really a restored car as the paint is old and the interior upholstery is not up to standards of a new Legendary interior. Considering that I doubt I could get more than $25,000 for it which is pretty much what it appraised for about 15 years ago.

It is a tough one. My 67 GTX has a 68 440 in it also. I bought it for about $11k 16 years ago and probably have well over $30,000 in it now - maybe close to $40k and it could still stand to be painted. Lots of expensive stuff - replaced most of the glass with better glass, replaced a lot (a whole lot) of trim, dyed the interior to freshen up, restored/retextured and dyed most hard plastic. Rebuilt & refinished gages, new Magnum 500s & redlines, rebuilt the transmission with lots of new stuff, All-Trim restored tail panel, grill, tail light bezels, added PB, re-cored radiator, rebuilt AC system and charged with R12, new heater core, new rear and sure grip, rebuilt/restored entire suspension, new brakes front to rear, complete TTI exhaust, hood pad, weatherstripping, etc. A lot of this was before reproduction tail light bezels, consoles and tail panels were introduced so very expensive to restore. With exception of gages and trim restoration I did nearly all the labor myself. And yet it's not really a restored car as the paint is old and the interior upholstery is not up to standards of a new Legendary interior. Considering that I doubt I could get more than $25,000 for it which is pretty much what it appraised for about 15 years ago.
Yeah, that's another thing that makes no sense, the parts for these are through the roof, yet the overall car values are not on par. Heck repop tail light bezels and lenses for the R/T alone are $600.

Terzmo, nice car!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to check into it further when I return from vacation this weekend. My heart says buy it, my head says it's priced too high if #'s don't match. Then again, it would most likely cost me more $$$ to buy a lesser car and restore it (not to mention the time involved) than to pay more for one that seems to be in as nice a shape as this car looks to be.

I dont want to upset anyone here I do have a 67 r/t one owner very unique color combo and 100 % original, less a few pieces of metal and in my opinion my car in #2 condition maybe 25 k and thats a maybe muscle car prices are coming down and their many of us that love the 66 67 body style but we are a minority

Terzmo, nice car!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to check into it further when I return from vacation this weekend. My heart says buy it, my head says it's priced too high if #'s don't match. Then again, it would most likely cost me more $$$ to buy a lesser car and restore it (not to mention the time involved) than to pay more for one that seems to be in as nice a shape as this car looks to be.

Thanks..it's true restoring, especially a 67 B body is expensive as parts are hard to find that are particular to a 67 R/T. The above post..a true #2 car for 25k..You might want to talk to that guy to see if he'll sell that. #2 cars are almost trailer queens. My car is a 3 at best as I drive it any day that's not raining in a Buffalo NY summer. There is a nice looking 67 GTX for 23K listed

DGC, can you post a pic of your car? Are you actually looking to sell it? Where are you located?

Bill

im in camp hill pa and no not looking to sell it I sold a few of my cars keeping this one it took 4 yrs to buy and is just being finished white with copper dust met. interior a/c car I have never seen those colors before , I have all the original paper work too. It was sitting in a car port under a trap since 76 never had any work done till I got it. imo a #2 is not a trailer queen but one that was restored 10 yrs or so and has been driven and has a few blemishes theirs been some that look nice on ebay and at auctions I get reports on and not getting bids over mid 20S, even hemi rr werent going over mid 70s like I said dont want to get anyone pissy lol we all have our opinions I just think the market will keep going down I could be wrong tho

Thanks, DGC. I'm not getting "pissy" over anything. I'm on a fact-finding/opinion seeking mission. As a hopeful buyer, I hope you're right regarding prices coming down. Meanwhile I'm trying to educate myself adequately enough to make a smart purchase

Last edited:
Another one for $23k that's been for sales for 2 months.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/d/1967-coronet-t/6206181474.html

Interesting color combo. Again $23k for sale a couple months.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/d/1967-coronet-t/6206181474.html

Canadian car $33k, lots of wrong parts under hood.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/67-coronet-rt/6273478509.html

Oooooo. Vert for $40k

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/d/1967-dodge-coronet-rt/6279497790.html

A/C car in CA for $29k, been up for a few weeks.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/d/1967-dodge-coronet-rt/6279497790.html

So that's it coast to coast right now on CL, few others on eBay. These were all complete cars that looked like they could be driven and enjoyed immediately. From there a couple were really nice looking cars. Projects were $10k-$25k.

Last edited:
Hemmings Muscle Machine monthly mag covers auctions each issue, one of the listed cars this month {sept} was a pretty nice 67 R/T coronet hard top 440 AT. rated at a #3 condition
It sold at auction for 25K they said average was 27K at this time.
so you guys are pretty much right on the money.
Take into account also there are buyers and sellers fees on top of the sale price.

Number #3 cars are pretty much whats out there for sale unless your going to drop some big $ on one, takes a he// of a car to make #2 on their standards.
Good luck on your hunt.

I agree Paul, Right now though the best bang for your B body mopar buck is the 66/67 years.
Ok with me I love them, the early ones 64/65 bring more it seems and of course 68 and up do also, Hemi cars are a whole different story.

Auto Transport Service
Back