• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet rear quarter panels

Dj's Coronet

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im trying to find rear quarters for the Coronet. Mine are pretty bad. I cant seem to find any info for them.
Any direction would help!!!!

Zero product available! You can get patch panels from Sherman I pieced mine together to make new 1/4 panel. it was a large amount of work. Between fitting, leading and filler. Took a great deal of fabrication.. Next time i will crush the car and have my head examined.

Sherman here too. Yes it is a lot of work, but we have no options.

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

HI gdrill,
Thanks for the pics. How old are the pics? Is this where you are with the project or have you finished it? If so, any more pics?

Too bad you aren't closer. I am parting a four door rust free Coronet, hit hard on the Passenger side. between the two doors, area. The work to remove would be substantial. I was able to use a four door quarter on my 69' Dart Hardtop, It just was a bit hairy where the door meets the Quarter.

Wow! Glad mine were in good shape. Didn't know how lucky I was.

will a 4 door and a 2 door use the same rear quarters?

You're more than welcome. Unfortunately I stalled at color choice! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go Seafoam Green now so maybe I'll get at it this spring. You can check my build thread. It's called 1966 Coronet field find. The link is in my signature below. I have a million and a half pics in it! If it loads right from my phone, here is how it sits in limbo :(

image.jpg

Last edited:
It is very worth it Dj's, when you have time come on up and see mine, I might be able to help you out some. Bring yours and I'll give you a hand with it.

Hi ghostrider
Sounds like a plan!
This winter seems pretty lame up here.
This may be sooner than we think:yes:

I ended up replacing my driver side with a donor panel, and the passenger side I just made some pieces and fabricated it myself . . . hopefully the bodywork will allow me to get that all hidden so it will not be seen . . .

is just too bad the Sherman patch panels are made of such thin metal. I understand hand formed, fit could be worse, and a lot more accurate too! no other choice with the 67 Bel 1 either. they are still the same poor quality they were decades ago!!!!

pretty bad when your 50 yr old sheet metal is thicker than the new patch panel!!!!!!????? IMHO

DJ, there's a 66/ or maybe '67 Coronet wagon, white, up at Gates Salvage in Hardwick Vermont. It's a complete car and IIRC it has good sheet metal on it. I know that he is selling whole cars, old ones, for $500 bucks if you bring a trailer to haul it away. You need to hurry though, he's talking about crushing all of the stuff older than 1980. He still had it as of yesterday though.

Auto Transport Service
Back