• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Dodge Hemi - Carb Fuel Inlet Brass Fittings- Correct size for Front and Rear carb?

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Over the weekend I was going to install a new set of fuel lines I had purchased for my 67 Hemi. When I bought the car from the family, engine out of car, I did not find the original fuellines, so I had to purchase a set.

To my surprise the Fuel Inlet Brass Fittings did not accept the new male fuel line fittings that came with the fuel line kit I purchased, see attached photo. The new lines are 1/2-20 threads (according to the Seller) and my carbs have a larger fitting, must be 3/8-20. So I am looking to buy the correct fittings for my two carbs. The part book has Fuel Inlet Nut Fitting part #2495 953 for carb# 4343S and part # 1826 863 for carb 4139S. I couldn't find the size of each of these fittings. I would like to know what size I am looking for.

Can anyone tell me what is the the correct size for each fuel inlet fitting on the original carbs on my Hemi engine and will they accept the new fuel lines? Also, who sells them. Thank you.

Highlighted fittings for fuel line kit components.jpg

As a follow-up I located a chart on Summit racing for Dorman inlet fittings, which should give me the source to purchase the correct fittings. Now I just need to know which is correct.

Dorman fittings.jpg

Ha ha, don’t hold your breath for an answer. I bought from him and he wouldn’t answer any questions.

Who did you get the lines from? I need the same for my 66

Ha ha, don’t hold your breath for an answer. I bought from him and he wouldn’t answer any questions.

I have bought many items from Rob and he usually responds. I went ahead and purchased them together with two other items I was watching in his store.

I received the fuel line fittings from Rob and installed my new carb fuel lines that I bought from linesdirect.

Mega parts sales them, just bought a set myself last month.
https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=166-INL13649
The set I purchased from Rob had the two brass fittings one for each carb, which is what I needed. My brass fittings were too large and wouldn't accept the 90 degree fitting as well as the second line for the front carb . I already had the "T" with my line set purchased from lines direct. But I am glad to see that we both were able to buy what we needed to make it work. Take care.

Auto Transport Service
Back