• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX antenna hole location

TBZ67HEMI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
I am in the process of prepping my car for media blasting. Car was a race car for a while in the 80s. They plugged the antenna hole.

I am looking for the measurement off the top of the fender to make sure I get it in the right spot.

Underside of fender has what looks to be a hole and where they welded it up. But am hoping someone can help verify.

On the pic of the inside I wrote what part is what to help with orientation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Justin

PXL_20220210_030207749~2.jpg PXL_20220210_030226808.jpg

Dealers installed antennas. Mine was on passengers quarter near corner of trunk lid believe at owners request. Saw one on drivers quarter about same place.

For the next person. Attached is the page out of the 67 service manual

Screenshot_20220209-211734.png

There should be a brace where the whole goes. As for the the ones that had them on the quarters my dad had told me that a friend of his bought a 67 GTX new when my dad bought his & it had the antenna on the rt quarter. My had bought one from a friends brother a few years back & it also had the antenna on the quarter & when we took the rt fender off there was no brace & no factory whole.

Left quarter on red/white. My car red/black, look carefully you can see base on right quarter the is hard to see. Black one on front fender
Mecum 2017 kissimmee 2.JPG
Antenna.JPG
mecum 2019.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back