• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX Reproduction Fender Tag

How's this for a fender tag.....

190300_fe37657767_low_res.jpg

I thought I was nuts, I owe you a big thank you for putting my mind at ease...LOL

How's this for a fender tag.....

190300_fe37657767_low_res.jpg

I like it! Maybe I should have just put 440 Engine on mine.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I saw what you were talking about, Upon further inspection I don't see anything wrong with it. What Mistakes ?

It is a huge secret for some reason. Waterboarding will not get it out of him, so we have no way to know if he has any idea what he is talking about or not. I am guessing not, since he will not even PM me the info. LOL I am happy with it, correct or incorrect. It was a better option than paying GG $300 and waiting three years.

Actually my car is a bondoed 1960 Ford Falcon I am trying to pass off on some unsuspecting soul as a 67 GTX. I thought the fender tag would fool someone for sure. I am going to reshape the body with more bondo and pass it off as a Ford GT this time. 69coronetrt saw right through my evil scheme. Curses, foiled again. LOL

I am happy with it, correct or incorrect.

Then that is what counts. You entered into a lawful and legal transaction. If you feel you paid a fair price for a fair product, then you and AG are both happy. That's the way the free market system works. What anyone else says doesn't matter.

I expressed an opinion on his quality of work...nothing more and nothing less. You can choose to accept or reject my opinion. Rejecting it makes no difference to me. You can be happy with his work and I can be unhappy with it. That's just life.

If you are happy with your tag. Good! I'm happy for you. Show it proudly and enjoy your car because that's what it's about.

If anyone wants to take a micrometer to my reproduction fender tag to determine if it is a fake they are welcome to do so. or they could just ask and I will tell them it is a Backeast Reproduction. LOL The only thing I see after comparing my reproduction to some real ones more closely is that some of the numbers under my alphabetical letters line up perfectly. My 1's are offset to the left of the alphabetical letter same as on the originals, but not as far left offset as on the originals. My numbers other than 1 are dead center of of the alphabetical letter, where on the originals, they are offset slightly to the left also.

It serves the purpose I intended. It fills a blank space on my fender and replaces a badly rusted 67 Belvedere 4 door tag that some prior owner found at a salvage yard and put on there. The tag that was there when I bought the car was date correct as far as year, but that was it.

67gtx440 all that matters is that your happy with your tag :icon_thumright:

im no fender tag guru , so obviously it looks good to me, even if it is for a 67 falcon lol

Auto Transport Service
Back