• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 gtx rug question

gtxno1

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am in the process of doing a resto on my 67 GTX I purchased over 25 years ago and it did not have the rug in it when I got it. I was inside doing some dissassembly and found a small piece of carpet under the chrome trim under the rear seat it was red is this possible I had the car decoded years ago and makes no mention of the carpet color outside is pp1 red, black vinyl top with black seats was it possible it came with a red rug any help appreciated thanks

Seems quite unlikely if you have black seats, dash, and side panels. Stands to reason the carpet would have been black as well. I have maroon carpet in my 68 but the rest of the interior is burgundy as well.

No accounting for some folks taste tho....

Possible? If it was special ordered by a customer, anything was possible back then. You could get a yellow car with blue seats and green carpet if you paid for it. If you don't have the build sheet then you might never know.

Auto Transport Service
Back