• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 gtx

My understanding is that the RS23 indicates GTX where as a Belvedere would be an RL or RH. What am I missing here? Thanks

Whoever added the Belvedere fender tag to my GTX apparently diodn't know that! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

My understanding is that the RS23 indicates GTX where as a Belvedere would be an RL or RH. What am I missing here? Thanks

Whoever added the Belvedere fender tag to my GTX apparently didn't know that! LOL They must have just thought it needed a fender tag, and any fender tag would do. I am not the same car as started the thread.

Roger that. I got my wires crossed. I guess we are all on pins and needles waiting for the explanation on this one. There must be some reason the answers are not forthcoming.

Last edited:
CAR: Plymouth GTX 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 Red Streak Tires
BUILD DATE: May 15.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color. Black Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
F5: Special Body Style, GTX only
R1: AM Radio
T7: Tachometer

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b5: Rear Arm Rest w/ Ashtray

CAR: Plymouth GTX 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 Red Streak Tires
BUILD DATE: May 15.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color. Black Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
F5: Special Body Style, GTX only
R1: AM Radio
T7: Tachometer

abc OPTIONS:
b5: Rear Arm Rest w/ Ashtray You might want to recheck this one

Why is the plate off the car, and why is it not blue? I'd start looking for the stamped numbers on the core support and under the trunk weatherstripping. I hope this isn't a jigsaw puzzle car.

Here are the abc options

abc OPTIONS:
b5: Rear Arm Rest w/ Ashtray
d6: Unknown Option
j4: Moulding - Boldy Sill Narrow
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Are you getting something different than mine?

Why is the plate off the car, and why is it not blue? I'd start looking for the stamped numbers on the core support and under the trunk weatherstripping. I hope this isn't a jigsaw puzzle car.

Why would it be blue? For 1967 QQ1 is dark red metallic. Body numbers on a 67 are on the radiator support and behind the rear bumper (if they are there); not on the trunk

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the abc options

abc OPTIONS:
b5: Rear Arm Rest w/ Ashtray bucket seats
d6: Unknown Option code 426 rear speaker
j4: Moulding - Boldy Sill Narrow
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Are you getting something different than mine?

So is anyone willing to say how they can tell that tag is a replacement tag?

The car has the rear speaker option just like the fender tag says Iwish I knew how to tell if it was a fake fender tag.Again I posted the tagjust like I was asked to. I have reason to believe the tag came on the car I took it off to take pictures when the car was restored back in 98 the tag was removed and sand blasted.Again any help would be greatly appreciated.Maybe it is the wrong tag I just know what It says code 48 for sure grip and code 3 for 4 speed it says itg plain as day again not saying I have a special carI think some one ordered yhe car with a 4 speed and a 323 rear for highway use why in the heck would any one order the car this way is beyond me BUT THE TAG SPEAKS FOR ITS SELF SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE THE TAG WRONG THANKS

Last edited:
The car has the rear speaker option just like the fender tag says Iwish I knew how to tell if it was a fake fender tag.Again I posted the tagjust like I was asked to. I have reason to believe the tag came on the car I took it off to take pictures when the car was restored back in 98 the tag was removed and sand blasted.Again any help would be greatly appreciated.Maybe it is the wrong tag I just know what It says code 48 for sure grip and code 3 for 4 speed it says itg plain as day again not saying I have a special carI think some one ordered yhe car with a 4 speed and a 323 rear for highway use why in the heck would any one order the car this way is beyond me BUT THE TAG SPEAKS FOR ITS SELF SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE THE TAG WRONG THANKS

Again, did you receive my PM listing the problems with the tag? If yes, then you have been told why it is a bad tag, if no, I will resend it.

Yes, the tag came with the car but that does not prove it is an original or correct tag.

please tell me again I didnt understand please spell it out you are not going to hurt my feelings if its fake its fake please tell us why you think its fake the facts are the facts either way its all good thanks for your help 69 rt coronet

- - - Updated - - -

The previous owner had the car restored it took several years the fender tag was removed and sandblasted and put back on the car unpainted when the car was finished it has sat in a garage since 1998

- - - Updated - - -

please tell us why you know it is a replacement tag

Again, did you receive my PM listing the problems with the tag? If yes, then you have been told why it is a bad tag, if no, I will resend it.

Yes, the tag came with the car but that does not prove it is an original or correct tag.

If the original owner is asking about his tag in the public forum why do you insist on PMing the information to him instead of letting all of us in on it? Why the secrecy? He isn't bothered if we all know, why are you? thanks

If the original owner is asking about his tag in the public forum why do you insist on PMing the information to him instead of letting all of us in on it? Why the secrecy? He isn't bothered if we all know, why are you? thanks

Pointing out flaws in bad tags only helps tag makers make better bad tags. I will resend the info the the owner. If he chooses to discuss the information, it is up to him.

This website sucks its very hard to post Iam done thanks for your help maybe someone will see this and will help not some know it all that want even help because of his principles we dont care about the tag makers we only want the facts not some one that assumes you know what assume stands for dont you see ya

This website sucks its very hard to post Iam done thanks for your help maybe someone will see this and will help not some know it all that want even help because of his principles we dont care about the tag makers we only want the facts not some one that assumes you know what assume stands for dont you see ya

I have sent you the facts twice via PM. You have not replied to them to ask follow up questions or to request examples of original tags via e-mail.
You have not posted the information I provided, as is your right to, for further discussion to confirm or deny what I have told you.
It is not up to me to post information that belongs to you on this forum.

If you do not believe me, post the tag on Moparts or another site and see what responses you get.

You know how to use PM and apparently believe I'm credible enough to ask for production numbers, which I provided.

I'm sorry someone remade a tag for this car. I know how it feels to buy a car with a bad tag. It sucks and it sucks to find out the truth.

There are too many bogus cars already out there with bad tags. People get burned on them all the time.
I am happy to help people learn the differences between legit documentation and documentation that is faked.
I will not do that in a public forum.
I have no interest in helping people learn how to perpetuate a fraud by showing them how to make better bad tags.

You have a beautiful car. I hope you enjoy it and drive the heck out of it.

I have sent you the facts twice via PM. You have not replied to them to ask follow up questions or to request examples of original tags via e-mail.
You have not posted the information I provided, as is your right to, for further discussion to confirm or deny what I have told you.
It is not up to me to post information that belongs to you on this forum.

If you do not believe me, post the tag on Moparts or another site and see what responses you get.

You know how to use PM and apparently believe I'm credible enough to ask for production numbers, which I provided.

I'm sorry someone remade a tag for this car. I know how it feels to buy a car with a bad tag. It sucks and it sucks to find out the truth.

There are too many bogus cars already out there with bad tags. People get burned on them all the time.
I am happy to help people learn the differences between legit documentation and documentation that is faked.
I will not do that in a public forum.
I have no interest in helping people learn how to perpetuate a fraud by showing them how to make better bad tags.

You have a beautiful car. I hope you enjoy it and drive the heck out of it.

Well said!

I don't understand why there is so much animosity toward the tag makers....They are providing a service for those that need it by providing an exact copy of a factory part. Just like Year One and Legendary.
I bet you would give Legendary all the help and support needed to provide accurate and detailed info in order to make you a set of perfectly correct seat covers for your 77 4 door Flack Wagon if they werent making them already....
Just because your nose is in the stratosphere, it doesn't make you any holier than the rest of us....

I don't understand why there is so much animosity toward the tag makers....They are providing a service for those that need it by providing an exact copy of a factory part. Just like Year One and Legendary.
I bet you would give Legendary all the help and support needed to provide accurate and detailed info in order to make you a set of perfectly correct seat covers for your 77 4 door Flack Wagon if they werent making them already....
Just because your nose is in the stratosphere, it doesn't make you any holier than the rest of us....

It would be nice if what you said was the only reason for repro tags. However, making a fake tag to misrepresent a fake car is a distinct possibility, and I might even say probability. RT guy spends lots of time trying to help people figure out their car for NOTHING. His nose is NOT in the stratosphere, you clearly don't know him. Personally, I appreciate his passion for these numbers and think he handled the post far better than I would have. LOL

RT Guys' negative attitude against the Tag Makers should be apparent to you from the nature of his post. Maybe he is only into original unrestored car...I dont know him. I apologize if I hurt his feelings....

I say, "So what", if those of us who are restoring these cars on a budget may need a new tag? Maybe they are creating something because they can not afford to purchase a car from those that were lucky enough to buy low and now want a fortune for their cars.....(which by the way is not a hobby gentleman, its commodity trading....). And yes, maybe they want a tag created to match what they are building. Is this any worse than swapping an engine or changing paint color?

Why dont we boycott sharing engine pad ID info for fear that someone will restamp and try to pass a motor off as original to the car? Should we ban stamping sets as well? And the paint marker sticks and underhood labels that owners use to try and "fool" people into thinking that their car is original and unrestored?? No - these are just detail items that make the car more enjoyable to the owner. Just like a new fender tag.

This reminds me of the current gun control statement "guns dont kill - people do" well, "fender tags dont fool buyers - dishonest sellers do". If a seller is honest with a buyer, then there is no harm done. Banning repro items of any type is not going to eliminate fraud. And if it werent for the commodities traders, there wouldn't be a need to fool a buyer anyway..... we could all afford nice original cars!!

RT Guys' negative attitude against the Tag Makers should be apparent to you from the nature of his post. Maybe he is only into original unrestored car...I dont know him. I apologize if I hurt his feelings....

I say, "So what", if those of us who are restoring these cars on a budget and maybe creating something we can not afford to purchase one from those that were lucky enough to buy low and now want a fortune for their cars.....which by the way is not a hobby gentleman, its commodity trading....may need a new tag. And yes, maybe a tag created to match what we are building. Is this any worse than swapping an engine or changing paint color?

Following that train of thought, why dont we boycott sharing engine pad ID info for fear that someone will try to pass the motor off as original to the car? Should we ban stamping sets as well? And the paint marker sticks that that owners use to try and "fool"people into thinking that the car is original and unrestored?? No - these are just detail items that make the car more enjoyable to the owner. Just like a new fender tag.

This reminds me of the current gun control statement "guns dont kill - people do" well, fender tags dont fool buyers - dishonest sellers do". If a seller is honest with a buyer, then there is no harm done. There is nothing short of banning reproduction parts that will keep this hobby pure and honest. And if it werent for the commodities traders, there wouldn't be a need to fool a buyer anyway..... we could all afford nice original cars!!
If you want to "build" a car the way you would have ordered it, I say go ahead and do it, but you should NOT order a replacement tag to go along with whatever you decided to cook up. The idea only dishonest people would use it to deceive people doesn't hold up. If you sell your car with fake tag, even if you tell the buyer, maybe the next buyer doesn't get enlightened to the fact and sells the car to the next buyer. Somewhere along the way someone is going to get screwed by your fake tag. Leave the tag alone as it represents what the car was born as and how it was equipped or go the route this car has been represented.

DSCN2260 (Large).jpg
DSCN2260 (Medium).JPG
Note "CLONE" stamped into tag

Auto Transport Service
Back