• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 hemi starter wire harness

I'm not expert but a friend with a 4 speed car. He said there a small difference in the nose casting on Hemi starters. A little grind/machining MIGHT work. I'd buy the $320 starter and keep an eye open for a reasonable original. On that $320 starter no returns, I contact him through ebay and ask if he guarantees that it will fit. I'll check my garage for a starter that looks similar to a Hemi starter, think it's a 6 cylinder starter.

More from the memory bank. I believe you are correct, the truck starter requires a slight grinder massage on the nose to fit.

Hear is the starter I have. No clue if it works. The blue on right, I believe it needs to be ground there. Look at the picture of the $320 starter I circled ans a half *** arrow where it is clearanced. If your interested and if I can ship it in a flat rate box $25.
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG
ddstarter.JPG

Maybe somebody has a good picture of the snout of a Hemi DD starter to compare.

The solenoid is on the bottom. I can get you an in service photo of mine although it a'69.
Of note, I seem to remember from eons ago, that the starter from certain Dodge 413 cu in truck engines are interchangeable. That may give a more reasonable priced path and may very well be what that Ebay starter with the 18****** part number is. Also of note, about 10 years ago, the smoke leaked out of the solenoid on mine and I was able to order a replacement from the dealer, for a 413 truck starter. It was the same.
I'm not expert but a friend with a 4 speed car. He said there a small difference in the nose casting on Hemi starters. A little grind/machining MIGHT work. I'd buy the $320 starter and keep an eye open for a reasonable original. On that $320 starter no returns, I contact him through ebay and ask if he guarantees that it will fit. I'll check my garage for a starter that looks similar to a Hemi starter, think it's a 6 cylinder starter.

Fran, I have contacted all of the Ebay vendors that have the starters for sale. I asked esch of them if they could verify that the starter is operable, they couldn't or wouldn't say "YES IT WORKS". I also have asked them to verify that the solenoid is on the bottom, nobody wants to answer that either. I contacted a Seller yesterday on Ebay that has an aftermarket starter ($320.00) and he said he would allow me to return it if it didn't fit on my car. I asked him where his zip code was so I could figure out how much shipping would be and his response was, "If your building a Hemi Car it doesn't matter how much the shipping cost is". I told him money is not the issue, but I don't want to throw my money away on shipping just to try a part out. I'll let you know how this goes when I buy a starter.

I contacted a Seller yesterday on Ebay that has an aftermarket starter ($320.00) and he said he would allow me to return it if it didn't fit on my car. I asked him where his zip code was so I could figure out how much shipping would be and his response was, "If your building a Hemi Car it doesn't matter how much the shipping cost is". I told him money is not the issue, but I don't want to throw my money away on shipping just to try a part out. I'll let you know how this goes when I buy a starter.
I wouldn't give that guy 5 cents of my business. Sounds like a prick.

Dean - try contacting Frank Badalson. He's an expert on the originality of our cars and is very helpful. I bought my battery cables from him. His email is at the bottom of this link.
http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/frank/frank-badalson-home/

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back