• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 plymouth belvedere uodate

Gus chiggins

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Car is finished. Installed GTX upper rear seat, and surround. Btw i put in the 150 mph speedometer. 383 big block, hp exhaust manifolds, 727 trans, 8.75 rear end 3.55 gears 741 case. A car Plymouth should have built.

20181116_134257.jpg

20160214_152821.jpg

20230317_133242.jpg

Resized_20200724_110754.jpg

20210921_124119.jpg

20230317_133304.jpg

20210921_124123.jpg

20230317_133348.jpg

20210921_124142.jpg

20230311_100614.jpg

She's not the more desirable car, but i commited to it. It's something different. At least with a sedan you can do anything to it. It was originally a silver special built in the st.louis plant.
The '67 Plymouth b-bodies are one of my favorites! I really like the GTX touches you've added here! Center console, buckets and the flip top fuel cap are timeless! :thumbsup:

Nice looking Mordor! I don't understand the Coronet 500 seat covers instead of the more attractive Satellite ones, however. This coming from a '67 Coronet guy. Your car should get a lot of attention. The rear seat surround and GTX gas cap are nice touches. I built a '67 Coronet wagon with a 440 4-speed in it, once. It got more looks than my real '67 R/T.

Nice looking Mordor! I don't understand the Coronet 500 seat covers instead of the more attractive Satellite ones, however. This coming from a '67 Coronet guy. Your car should get a lot of attention. The rear seat surround and GTX gas cap are nice touches. I built a '67 Coronet wagon with a 440 4-speed in it, once. It got more looks than my real '67 R/T.
I just like the way the coronet 500 covers looked. I actually thought about a crazy idea of an extended console with rear buckets similar to the early chargers.

With your Belvedere being a Silver Special car, it would have had the GTX lower bright sill and wheel well moldings. Have you considered putting them back on, to break up all that blackness? Your blackwall tires and black rims seem to get lost with the black car body. Just my $0.02.

With your Belvedere being a Silver Special car, it would have had the GTX lower bright sill and wheel well moldings. Have you considered putting them back on, to break up all that blackness? Your blackwall tires and black rims seem to get lost with the black car body. Just my $0.02.
No, i actually like the pseudo cop car look to it.

I just like the way the coronet 500 covers looked.
I wish my R/T had the Satellite covers and rear seat surround. To me, they just look "richer". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they say. The interior looks real nice in your car with the console and bucket seats.
I live up in Ontario, and am working on a '64 Polara 4-door hardtop with factory buckets and console, a Canadian only option.

I wish my R/T had the Satellite covers and rear seat surround. To me, they just look "richer". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they say. The interior looks real nice in your car with the console and bucket seats.
I live up in Ontario, and am working on a '64 Polara 4-door hardtop with factory buckets and console, a Canadian only option.
Sounds pretty cool. I saw a 1966 or 67 buick wildcat 4 door with bucket seats, and a console years ago. It was a nice car for not being a Mopar. Good luck with your project.

While bucket seats and console in a 4-door are commonplace now, back in the day, they were uncommon. I don't think you can buy a car any more with a bench front seat. I can recall that 1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL and Mercury Marauder "fastback" 4-door hardtops also could be optioned with bucket seats and console. I have also seen them in mid '60's Chrysler 300 4-door hardtops.

Sounds pretty cool. I saw a 1966 or 67 buick wildcat 4 door with bucket seats, and a console years ago. It was a nice car for not being a Mopar. Good luck with your project.
It is odd that you mentioned that year Buick. When I was in high school, a friend's parents owned a 1966 Wildcat. It was equipped with a 401 and 3-on-the-tree manual shift transmission. It would go a looong ways in 2nd gear.

Looks really nice & the the added touch to interior, congrats!

Auto Transport Service
Back