• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 67 Plymouth GTX 440 Auto - Factory AC, PS and PB Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

67GTX440

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_5577.jpgIMG_5529.jpgIMG_5578.jpgIMG_5530.jpgIMG_5579.jpgIMG_5533.jpgIMG_5528.jpgIMG_5574.jpgIMG_5573.jpgIMG_5575.jpgIMG_5572.jpgIMG_5576.jpgIMG_5500.jpgIMG_5501.jpgIMG_5505.jpgIMG_5507.jpgIMG_5508.jpg

I have to admit that fighting with the body shop and the 25 months my car spent in "paint jail" have diminished my enthusiasm for this project. Body work is done. I have a ton of new and refurbished parts that come with the car to complete the entire restoration. Anyone with the skills and enthusiasm can finish this up and have a completed restoration worth more than they have it it and that is a rare thing. I have a list of what I am asking for this car in new parts, refurbishment of original parts and body work. At this price, the car is essentially free. Everything is there to complete.

Driveline is in place. Car starts, runs, drives and shifts, but brake pedal has gotten a little sticky while sitting. All drips and leaks, new master cylinder and new rear wheel cylinders, shoes and drums were replaced just prior to the car going in for paint, as well as all fluids changed out.

A photo bucket link with 80 pictures taken yesterday is provided below.

Easy restoration completion or father/son project for the hard core Mopar enthusiast. This was the first true Mopar production muscle car. Car is a real 67 Plymouth GTX with 440 and Torqueflight 727 automatic. Car is a factory AC, PS and PB car. Engine and transmission believed to be original. Car starts runs and drives, but has developed a sticky brake pedal from spending 25 months in the paint shop. I have original build punch card and build list from Chrysler Historical Society. Car was originally a metallic green vinyl top car, but has been black and vinyl top removed over 20 years ago. I have all the parts to complete the car and most are new or refurbished. There is nothing left to buy to complete. Car was on the cover of Classic American magazine in 1997 with a six page photo shoot and car history. Car should be worth 25-30K+/- with just interior, dash, glass and A/C reinstall completed. Everything needed comes with the car. Factory A/C. PS and PB muscle cars are pretty rare. Odometer shows approximately 64,000, but since this is a 1967, actual mileage is unknown. Car has original certicard and reproduction fender tag that matches the factory build punch cards provided by the Chrysler Historical Society.

New Front Floor Patch Panels - Both Sides Installed
New Full Length Quarter Patch Panels - Both Sides Installed
New Trunk Extensions - Both Sides Installed (Trunk Floor Was Solid)
New Front Windshield, Windshield Gasket and Clips - Needs Installed
New Rear Window Gasket and Clips - Needs Installed
15" by 7" Magnum 500 Wheels
BFG Tires Less Than 3 Years old With 90%+ Tread
New Exterior Door Handles and Locks Matching New Ignition Switch
Good Tinted Glass - Windshield Is New
New Dash Pad
New Door Panels (Legendary) - Need Installed
Seat Springs Were Powder Coated and Media Blasted
New Legendary Interior (Front and Back Seats) Ready To Install
New Bucket Seat Foams
New Seat Covers and New Back Seat Foam
New Seat Belts
Media Blasted and Powder Coated Dash - Assembled And Ready To Be Installed With New Wiring Harness
New Gauge Surround
New Dash Door Glovebox Door
New GTX and Belvedere Emblems Front Fenders/Trunk
Headlight Bezels Refurbished By King of Trim in California
New 440 Hood Emblem
New Head Liner - Needs Installed
New Console Lights
New Console Lids and Tail Piece (Three Pieces)
Adhesion spray and spray paint to paint console, bucket seat backs and piece over top of back seats
New Exterior Door Handles/Locks
Paint Gasket Kit
Rebuilt under dash heat and A/C box - Rebuilt by Classic Air In Tampa - Ready to be Installed
New Classic Air Complete Under Hood Kit R-34 Conversion with modern Sandin Compressor - In Box and Ready to Be Installed
(Factory Compressor Still In Car and all removed AC Parts Come With Car
Refurbished AC/Heater Dash Controls
New Backseat Center Chrome
New Interior Door Handles
New Sun Visors
New Engine Wiring Harness
New Dash Wiring Harness
New Taillight Wiring Harness
New Taillight Bezels
New Taillight lenses
New Trunk Lid Panel Between Taillights
New Hood Scoop Bezels
New Sail Panel Chrome
POR 15 Done to all interior and Second Skin Sound Deadener Added Throughout
Rechromed Bumpers Still In Wrappers From Spacecoast Chrome - Titusville, FL
Recromed Horn Ring From Spacecoast Chrome - Titusville, FL
Rechrome Horn Button From Spacecoast Chrome - Titusville, FL
Rechromed Steering Wheel Under Loop
New Leaf Springs -Need Installed
New Leaf Spring Mounts (Shackels and Bolts)
New Automatic Shifter Push Button
Original Jack, Handle and Base - Media Blasted and Powder Coated
New Spare Wheel/Tire
New Spare Tire Cover Board
New Trunk/Back Seat Divider Board
New Carpet
New Original Type Steering Wheel - Needs Installed
New Window Sweeps
New Glove Box Cardboard
New Door Hinge Pins
Replaced Door Hinge pins
New Front Turn Signal Lenses
New Interior and Exterior Light Bulb Kit
New Shocks - Need Installed
New Door Sills Plates
New Repaint Gasket Kit
New Firewall Gaskets
New Trunk Gasket
New Door Gaskets
New AM Radio Conversion to 4 ChannelX35W AM/FM w/matched front and rear speakers - Still In Boxes
New GTX - Mopar Or No Car License Frame
Custom Car Cover

All body rust cut out and repaired with metal and car completely repainted including, door jams, underside of hood and trunk, inside of doors and steering column - just got out of body shop Friday after a long 25 month wait on it getting done. Underside of car is 100% solid. This is an original Florida Car I don't believe it has ever been out of Florida.

Car is all there with all new and refurbished parts to complete the restoration. My interests and available space changed while waiting for the body shop to get the car done as I bought a new Challenger Hellcat. This is a rare opportunity to own a restored muscle car, finish it your way, and have it worth more than you have invested when you get done. All body work, paint work, and new parts accumulation has been done.

80 total pictures can be viewed at Photobucket at the following link. Right click the ling and then select "open in new window"

http://s700.photobucket.com/user/grover1951/library/67 Plymouth GTX?sort=3&page=1

What I am asking for the car is what I have in it in new parts, part refurbishing costs and body work, and I am sure I have forgotten a lot I have bought that goes with it. At this price, you are basically getting the car for free and a project with minimal additional needed except your time and restoration skills.

Thanks for looking. Please PM me for additional information. Car is in Jacksonville, FL.

Don
67GTX440

Attachments

• IMG_5552.jpg
    IMG_5552.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • IMG_5516.jpg
    IMG_5516.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_5515.jpg
    IMG_5515.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_5513.jpg
    IMG_5513.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,047
  • IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:
Sorry! I have an asking price of 21.5, which is what I have in body work, paint, new parts and refurbishing of original parts. The car was a pretty decent looking intact driver that I bought for 21.5 three years ago Thanksgiving. I drove it very little before deciding to undertake a restoration. So I have 43K in the car in the car at this point, plus whatever else I bought and can't remember plus lots of shipping costs. It is all there to be completed. I can continue the restoration of the car and have a car worth 25-30K with pretty much no additional expense. I am no master mechanic, but I can finish it all myself with the exception of the windshield and rear glass install, headliner install and A/C evacuation and charge.

This would be a great deal for someone in Europe, Australia, New Zealand etc. who wants an easy to complete Mopar project and all the parts to complete packed inside on arrival. No sourcing of parts and shipping with the exception of the original purchase since it is all there.

If I have no buyer interest, I will start reassembly once it gets a little cooler and the paint has had a chance to cure some. The car will look great when done, but all the struggle with "paint jail" took the wind out of my sails a little.

Sorry, I forgot a price. I reused my Craigslist ad but cut out the heading and provided no link to the ad to avoid any FBBO violation with regard to contact by other than PM. PM me if there is anything additional you want to know.

I spent yesterday sorting parts and realized the fun part of this project is going to be putting all those clean, shiny new parts together. I pulled the steering wheel and dropped the steering column in order to facilitate reinstalling the dash and new dash wiring harness. I can't wait to see all the refurbished gauges come to life in a dash with all new chrome and a working, decent sounding stereo and speakers. Where is that new antennae? I know I bought it and it is here somewhere, I just don't know where. I am dropping off the console, bucket seat backs and rear seat top piece for paint. New tailight lenses and bezels, new trunk panel, all new exterior GTX and Belvedere emblems, new door handles and locks, trunk lock grill, refurbished headlight bezels and replated bumpers should be back on by next weekend.

I am re-energized on this project and taking the car off the market. I went back and read the 1997 magazine cover article on this car after it was restored then, and looked at the six pages of pictures inside the magazine taken at that time. Damn, the car looked great, and it will look even better once the second restoration is done. The 1997 restoration was most extensively mechanical including engine and transmission rebuilds by Marvin Hughes, then near Ocala, FL., quick bondo fixes to rust, an inexpensive repaint and new carpet and seat covers. Mechanicals are still solid. This time around is an all out body and interior. In another 20 years maybe it will get a full rotisserie, who knows?

I have had the J DRT license plate for over two years with nothing to put it on. Joe Dirt had a thing for 67 GTX's, and if there ever was a pure Mopar man through and through, it was Joe Dirt!

You have to love these old school Keystones that were on the car in 1997.

IMG_4668.jpg

Scan0008.jpg

I assume you want this ad closed then??

Hes killin us.lol. I read this whole thread to see hes keeping it. Im happy for ya though. Good luck!

I spent yesterday sorting parts and realized the fun part of this project is going to be putting all those clean, shiny new parts together. I pulled the steering wheel and dropped the steering column in order to facilitate reinstalling the dash and new dash wiring harness. I can't wait to see all the refurbished gauges come to life in a dash with all new chrome and a working, decent sounding stereo and speakers. Where is that new antennae? I know I bought it and it is here somewhere, I just don't know where. I am dropping off the console, bucket seat backs and rear seat top piece for paint. New tailight lenses and bezels, new trunk panel, all new exterior GTX and Belvedere emblems, new door handles and locks, trunk lock grill, refurbished headlight bezels and replated bumpers should be back on by next weekend.

I am re-energized on this project and taking the car off the market. I went back and read the 1997 magazine cover article on this car after it was restored then, and looked at the six pages of pictures inside the magazine taken at that time. Damn, the car looked great, and it will look even better once the second restoration is done. The 1997 restoration was most extensively mechanical including engine and transmission rebuilds by Marvin Hughes, then near Ocala, FL., quick bondo fixes to rust, an inexpensive repaint and new carpet and seat covers. Mechanicals are still solid. This time around is an all out body and interior. In another 20 years maybe it will get a full rotisserie, who knows?

I have had the J DRT license plate for over two years with nothing to put it on. Joe Dirt had a thing for 67 GTX's, and if there ever was a pure Mopar man through and through, it was Joe Dirt!

You have to love these old school Keystones that were on the car in 1997.

View attachment 265083

View attachment 265082

Happy to see you're keeping it! I followed your other posts and agonized for you while the car was in paint jail....keep us all up to date on the reassembly!

I assume you want this ad closed then??

Yes. It was a moment of weakness. The car is halfway reassembled. Plus Joe Dirt II is coming July 16th on the Crackle Network. How could I sell it now?

Wanna sell those keystones???

The Keystones did not come with the car. The seller changed them to TorqThrust wheels sometime between the 1997 picture shoot and the time I bought the car in 2012. I sold the TorqThrusts and went to 15" Magnums. I hope to go with redlines for the tires eventually.

No sweat if you change your mind about selling please contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back