• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 R/T... Back to Life PART II

Hey man nice build on her and the first R/T as well. Do you have the formula print out for that turquoise engine color? I'd like to use the same stuff if possible.
Thank you.
Here’s the label. Shop line JE.
861111AA-06E2-43BB-9BDC-13612A0F7770.jpeg

I know this is an old thread but I saw it. I loved the restoration of the first car too. I have had three 67 R/T's over the past 20 plus years and I am now working on my fourth. Looking at the pictures it looks like both cars had a rear radio antenna. I had a 67 Buffed Silver Hemi a few years back and it had a rear antenna which I thought had to be some kind of factory error. So weird as my other two Coronets like most, had a front fender antenna. Anyhow I love the build threads and great to see you have saved two cars which I think this R/T is your parents old car? Thanks for all of your posting over these years.

I know this is an old thread but I saw it. I loved the restoration of the first car too. I have had three 67 R/T's over the past 20 plus years and I am now working on my fourth. Looking at the pictures it looks like both cars had a rear radio antenna. I had a 67 Buffed Silver Hemi a few years back and it had a rear antenna which I thought had to be some kind of factory error. So weird as my other two Coronets like most, had a front fender antenna. Anyhow I love the build threads and great to see you have saved two cars which I think this R/T is your parents old car? Thanks for all of your posting over these years.
Yep, the unrestored one is the one they bought back in 67. The story on the antennas was the guy who ordered the cars, dealer stock, back then liked the 50’s era fins and rear antennas. Both cars were likely ordered from him since both were from the same dealership. They would order minus the antenna and then install at the dealership. Antennas were the same on both cars and do not look like Chrysler parts. Some how he could order the car with a radio but delete the antenna. Seems like a lot of work, story is these were not factory installed. Both front fenders have zero holes and nothing patched.

Yep, the unrestored one is the one they bought back in 67. The story on the antennas was the guy who ordered the cars, dealer stock, back then liked the 50’s era fins and rear antennas. Both cars were likely ordered from him since both were from the same dealership. They would order minus the antenna and then install at the dealership. Antennas were the same on both cars and do not look like Chrysler parts. Some how he could order the car with a radio but delete the antenna. Seems like a lot of work, story is these were not factory installed. Both front fenders have zero holes and nothing patched.
Love both restorations and the stories on the two cars. My first muscle car that I bought as an adult was a Turbine bronze white top white interior 67. I then owned a very low mile soft yellow survivor and the silver Hemi. All of them especially the last two were really nice cars. I have no idea why I sold them especially the RR1 yellow 440. I am currently trying to buy another one from a gentleman and it is a 440 car, red. I love both of those dark blue R/T/s and your family history with both of them.

Btw my silver Hemi that had the rear antenna also had no hole in the front fender and no patch. Interesting...Thanks for responding,

Auto Transport Service
Back