• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Radiator ID

RebelautoengrLLC

Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Hello all! It's been way too long since I last posted. I'm attempting to get my project off the ground for the nth time. I've made actual progress for once. I'm in the process of determining what I need for my car. I have my radiator, which came out of a '67 bench seat, auto column shift, no thrills car. I tried to identify this radiator, which I would assume to be a 22" core, but nothing measures 22" on it. I took a pic of the tag on it, and I see the mymopar is now a very different site than I'm used to. Let me know if I'm being dumb on how to look up parts on there. I remember there used to be an extensive set of charts that called out part numbers and application years.... but alas here I am, asking the experts. Thanks in advance! .. again

20211128_150240.jpg 20211128_150306.jpg

Not sure from the picture, but I can’t see the the correct holes for mounting studs. That should be a 2785??? Number on the top tank as dadsbee mentioned

That's what I'm confused about... there are no numbers on the top tank. I'm guessing that this is an aftermarket brass radiator??

20211129_213733.jpg

Looking at the top tank, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of replacement radiator, I will try to get the numbers for a correct radiator, if you provide engine size and transmission.

I have a 2785965 radiator that I had in my Bee, recored in 1988 and still in perfect working condition. It's OE use was 1967 B body w/ 273/318. I only removed it to put in a correct OE # radiator in my Bee.

Looking at the top tank, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of replacement radiator, I will try to get the numbers for a correct radiator, if you provide engine size and transmission.

Thanks for the sanity check. I pulled this out of my /6 904 coronet. I'm dropping a date code correct 440 in it. I was going to put a modern aluminum radiator with e fan...someday. I'm wanting to ID to figure out if it's worth selling or scrapping.

I have a 2785965 radiator that I had in my Bee, recored in 1988 and still in perfect working condition. It's OE use was 1967 B body w/ 273/318. I only removed it to put in a correct OE # radiator in my Bee.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to go with a modern radiator. This car was nothing special from the factory, so I'm going to put some modern tech on it.

Okay, was more of a note to show what would be correct as the radiator you're showing isn't OE. As for "modern tech" don't be fooled by the hype of the aftermarket salesman... :)

Okay, was more of a note to show what would be correct as the radiator you're showing isn't OE. As for "modern tech" don't be fooled by the hype of the aftermarket salesman... :)

Ah. My bad. May I ask why you would recommend sticking with the stock brass radiators? I'm wanting to make sure this is reliable to drive. I would love it when it's done (who knows when) for my wife to want to ride in it with me. It took forever for me to get my wife used to my wrangler (she likes more creature comforts). She drives a newer Cherokee and boy are they night and day different in terms of how they drive.

Long story short, I don't want it to overheat, deal with vapor lock, etc. etc. I have fended off conversations, been in the dog house, to make sure that this car stays around. So... any advice is appreciated.

Does your radiator opening on the core support measure 22"? If so Griffin makes a look a like aluminum radiator that will definitely cool that 440. I'm using them in 2 cars.
20210122_155954.jpg
20171109_094544.jpg

I agree on a stock or OE build. A 440 didn't come in a /6 car with a 22" opening. I'm sure there are 22" radiators that will probably cool it, but finding one that doesn't need a core could be a problem. Is your 273/318 radiator a 2 or 3 core? Most small block 67's got, 22", but AC cars got 26" radiators.

I agree on a stock or OE build. A 440 didn't come in a /6 car with a 22" opening. I'm sure there are 22" radiators that will probably cool it, but finding one that doesn't need a core could be a problem. Is your 273/318 radiator a 2 or 3 core? Most small block 67's got, 22", but AC cars got 26" radiators.
As I remember it's just a standard 2 core x 22". Ran it in my Bee for years behind the 383HP without issues, even with the undersize spigot on the bottom rad tank.

As I remember it's just a standard 2 core x 22". Ran it in my Bee for years behind the 383HP without issues, even with the undersize spigot on the bottom rad tank.
I agree, OE is good. I think some of the problems of overheating are due to a block that has not been throughly flushed and cleaned. Change the antifreeze once in awhile.
2 Chargers driven to car shows in Aurora Missouri, Rapid City South Dakota.
1 Charger to Jefferson City Missouri. 1 to Farmington Minnesota and on to Detroit, 1 to Bloomington Illinois .
Four different cars, OEM rads, no overheating problems.
Having said that, when I get this car back on the road, it just might overheat because of the prior statement.

It looks like a 19" slant six rad to me. They bolt into the same 22" opening that 8 cylinders use.

It looks like a 19" slant six rad to me. They bolt into the same 22" opening that 8 cylinders use.

It does measure 19". I was under the impression that there were only the 22" and 26" radiators. Thanks for the clarification!

Auto Transport Service
Back