• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 RT Coronet Factory AC Duct Routing?

Havasu Dave

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Hi fellow enthusiasts. I'm going through my factory AC system, found several things wrong and am addressing them.

One problem is that the driver's side-vent ducting goes from the duct, to a flanged disconnect, over the steering column, then down to the evaporator box. (the vent on the end of the dash near the door, not the middle ones)

Because of this route, the speedo cable is tightly routed beneath it, and the duct itself is applying enough pressure to the blower (fan) resistor connections to have bent them.

This is replacement ducting I bought to fit the flanges, but it seems too big, to bulky, and is like putting ten pounds of crap in a five pound bag.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to be routed, or have any idea how to properly install this? I cant find any references or photos. There are no plastic pieces like the passenger side has.

Thanks in advance for any guidance in this.

Dave.
I've got and unmolested (except by me) '67 Coronet small block w/factory A/C. The duct that goes over the steering column passes under the speedo cable. When I disconnect the cable, I must move the duct to the side to get my hand up there. Hope this helps. Can take more pics if needed.
DSC01273.JPG
DSC01270.JPG

Trashdog, thank you very much for the information and photos. Apparently, I had it right.

Is your blower fan running "real strong," or does it seem anemic? I have two speeds on the fan, checked all connections, even ran the fan with straight 12 VDC. It runs very strong with straight 12 volts, but once hooked up runs much slower. Both speeds are there, but it just seems weak.

Thanks again, and I realize the ambiguity of my question, lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back