• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Satellite Convertible Rear Quarter Window Seal Problem

Kayo

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm hoping there's someone out there who can help with this problem. We're at the homestretch on the restoration on my 67 Satellite convertible--it looks great--pix coming. I'm trying to find the rubber window seals to go on the rear quarter windows, but the only ones available are part number VS-7A or something like that listed as good on both 2 door hard top and convertible. Unfortunately, these aren't even close for the convertible, which needs a rubber seal that is at least 1 inch wide, 18.25 inches long and can be attached to the convertible frame. If the part that is being sold by most of the vendors is not going to fit (we tried it), is there an alternative? Someone else must have run into this and gotten around it somehow. Does anyone one have a work around or another part that fits this?

Ye ol'JCWhitney catalog used to sell several types of universal weather seals that you could order by the foot and try to match up. You could get something wider and try to cut to match.
Another trick is if the weather seals aren't thick enough you can build them up by inserting vacuum line or fuel hose into the openings of the seal.
I'd contact hydo-e-lectric in Florida for some recommendations. They are great convertible resources.
I'd also call local auto glass shops that might have something to match up.
Good luck, Bill

Thanks Bill! I was starting to scour the convertible top sites and hadn't gotten to Hydro-e yet (got my new hydraulics from them). It was noted that some of the weatherstripping around the top front is very similar to what this should be so you may be onto something with ordering universal seals by the foot. The main thing is keeping water out when the top and windows are up.

Auto Transport Service
Back