• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Satellite ride height specifications

copper67sat

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the factory specs are for front/rear ride height for a 67 Satellite 383 auto? I am getting ready to re-do the front suspension on mine and am considering replacing the original t-bars (778/779) and the rear leafs, but would like to compare its current height to the spec before I start.

My car has always sat rather low in my opinion. It rode low in the rear with the original heavy duty leaf springs, like many of these I have seen so I replaced them with the MP XHD leafs (P4452982 and P4452983) maybe 10 yrs ago That raised the rear up a bit for a while, but it seems to have sagged to where the car sits about level now. That doesn't bother me. Only real issue is driving in/out of the track at Daytona with a car load when we go up there for car shows - exhaust pipes scrape going over the edge into and out of the turn 4 tunnel. Not bad enough to cause damage, but it sounds bad and is annoying.

I also get a lot of nose movement up and down going over bridge transitions at highway speeds so I am thinking the t-bars are probably worn. Shocks are fairly new and damp it out quickly so I think they are ok, but still a lot of jounce.

I am considering going to ESPO +1" leafs and 1.03" t-bars to raise the car up, but don't want to go too far.

I installed the Hotchkis 1.03 T-Bars, very happy with them. Front end wallows far less in turns or curves, nose movement is less. Overall, a much more stable, firm ride that corners well. I am still on my original leafs however.

20230118_164847.jpg
20201230_143308.jpg
20200516_150752_1589766181353.jpg
IMG_8681.jpg
IMG_7621.jpg

Here are pictures of 67 B bodies. With 14" rims, the top of the rear wheelwell sits within a 1/2" to level with the top of the rim. I usually set the front ride height for the car to be level front to rear. I have never measured the height per say, I just go by looks.

The specs are in the FSM. If no one else replies, I can get them later tonight....

The specs are in the FSM. If no one else replies, I can get them later tonight....
I looked in the FSM. Found the frame specs, but didn't see ride height. Might have missed them or didn't look in the right place. I appreciate the help.

Here are pictures of 67 B bodies. With 14" rims, the top of the rear wheelwell sits within a 1/2" to level with the top of the rim. I usually set the front ride height for the car to be level front to rear. I have never measured the height per say, I just go by looks.
Mine definitely sits lower thsn your examples Jerry. Top of the 14" rim is 1.5 - 2" above the WOM.

I found the reference for front suspension height in the FSM in the section on alignment. Haven't found anything about rear height.

20231128_190925.jpg

20231128_190946.jpg

Yes that’s the refrence I was talking about. It lists the front height specs. I would assume the rear is dictated by the spring rate and there is no measurement per se? Factory photos show the car pretty much level from what I have seen. This is how mine sits with 12 year old Mopar XHD springs

IMG_3618.jpeg

Mine still rides on its OEM rear springs ( at least as far as I know they are the OEM ) and still sits up just a tad

20210117_114548.jpg

20220108_101947.jpg

20220108_101803.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back