• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 trim goo

nelsontoddpa

Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone-
When I took off the a-post trim as well as the rest of the trim around the windshield of my '67 Coronet convertible to prep it for paint, there was a bunch of black, sticky goo underneath.
My question is- is this typical/supposed to be there, or did someone just decide to add some sort of trim adhesive when they put it together after the last repaint.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

Thanks GTX- do you know what the stuff is called so I can replace it when it comes time for reassembly?

The shop manual just refers to windshield cement/sealer. My front and back glass are out for painting and I dealt with removing the goo. I have not gotten to the reinstall part yet! Car has been in the paint shop for six months now. These guys don't work very fast! LOL

The Sticky goo, you are referring to, is 3M Windo-Weld ribbon sealer, available in 15 foot sections either 5/16" or 3/8" round bead. I think it was used up to 74 on Chryslers, I know it was a pain in the *** to remove on my 73. A note, once you put this stuff on the window channel, make sure you have the glass lined up properly before setting, once it sticks to the glass, its stuck!

Auto Transport Service
Back