• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Vent window help

gtxno1

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys need to know if anyone has run into this problem I am putting together my vent windows had the front pillars rechromed and the vent window track or pivot rechromed I need the 2 pins on the bottom what has anybody done in this situation I have a number but could not find such a part 23-64-242 pin that keeps the vent window from traveling upwards any help is appreciated thanks

Check Tony's Parts, www.tonysparts.com or Todd Hoffman's site, Hoffman's Winners Circle. Both of them have some of the various components for the vent window frame to where it bolts into the lower portion of the door frame. If no luck, give me a call and I can possibly locate the piece for you.

Pictures would help. I just pulled my 67 vents apart for chrome. I think your referring to the roll pin. Hardware store would have a roll pin assortment.

I assume you can use a roll pin but it was actually solid

Hmmm. Mine we original and they were roll pins I thought. I crushed one getting it pryed out. I'll have to take another look at them.

one fell apart when I pulled on it was rotted the other I got out and lost it but I am probably going to use a roll pin have them at work

Your were right it's solid. I guess I thought it was a roll pin since there are grooves cut into the sides.

They are not actually needed because the top pivot holds it in place as I found out when I replaced my passenger side. Mine slid out the top because it was rusted off so I cut the replacement one off and slid it back in. I switched them because the lock handle broke off.

Auto Transport Service
Back