• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68-69 radios?

tubbed66charger

Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
:confused:Hey, I can't seem find what the difference between 68 and 69 radios. What is it? I was told the only difference was the part numbers. Can anyone help? Pictures would be very helpful if there is a difference. Thanks

Well one thing I know is 68 will say Dodge or Plymouth while all 69's say Chrysler.

Yes. It started out being a dealer installed item and later became an option. I just bought An AM/FM and I want to find out if it is a 68 or 69.

Here's someone who can tell you everything you'd ever want to know about mopar radio's

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair specializes in service and restoration of
60's-70's Mopar A B E body radios. AM, AM FM, AM -8-tracks , we do them all . Our senior technician has over 40 years experience in radio repair .
Prices range from $ 100 - $ 200 depending on model. Our average turnaround time is usually less than 3 weeks, but often less than 7 days .
Approx 500 Mopar radios per year come through this shop (we also service / restore GM , Ford, and AMC
radios as well , from the 50's - mid 70's ).
Keep us in mind for all your radio needs.

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair Specializing in restoration and sales of Mopar A B E body radios
We can restore YOUR radio usually in less than 7 days
Visit our NEW website..
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com
[email protected]
phone 256-852-0955

Is this one a 68 or 69?

g347.jpg

That looks just like the 69 am/fm I had, but I don't know what the 68 am/fm looks like.

I'm thinkin that since it was a mid-year option that it maybe the say as a 69. But I dont know.

Yes Sir. We are. Its the best of both worlds.
Does your roadrunner have performance hood paint?

I thought it was a mid-year option. Code 508. Did any have the pin stripe down the sides with the performance hood paint?

I thought it was a mid-year option. Code 508. Did any have the pin stripe down the sides with the performance hood paint?

Yep, mine did. I have't had a chance to put it back yet since painting it. Here a old pic showing the stripe and those COOL hub caps! The wheels are the only change to my car. It's been painted and had some int work, but other than that it's a org car.

RR 001.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back