• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68-70 Headliner Top of Windshield Clip (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coledavis01

Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
I broke one of these clips and hoping someone has a single they can spare.
These are the clips that run along the top of the windshield area and pressed in middle to spread the legs and retain. Headliner windshield trim is then secured on them.

Thanks!
Cole

IMG_1579[1].JPG

IMG_1578[1].JPG

You can just screw them in using self-tapping screws pre-drill the holes slightly smaller and they go in easy. Just be very careful. Obviously around the first paint tape everything off

You can just screw them in using self-tapping screws pre-drill the holes slightly smaller and they go in easy. Just be very careful. Obviously around the first paint tape everything off
I will check I believe I have one Bob Horman

That makes sense and imagine the reason they didn't do so originally was $. It's one of those things that nobody (unless my nephew tears it down 30 years from now) would ever see, yet with the others installed w/ the tabs intact it'll be one of those weird issues I think of from time to time when driving it- it's the last one above driver's side corner of course- and slowly drive me nuts that they don't all match.

If you don't mind could you elaborate in more detail? Do you self tap screw in the clip to the window channel? I have all 5 clips, not broken but they don't stay secure to the window channel. I tried to spread the little prongs on the clips to make it a tighter fit but it really didn't help much. thanks

spread the prongs into the bulkhead. Ithe clip is cheap if not screw the clip into position. Bob horman

self taping screws for assembling metal studs work did it on mine 68. Hate those clips. Like 3white74 said be careful! I think they are 7/16" in length.

self taping screws for assembling metal studs work did it on mine 68. Hate those clips. Like 3white74 said be careful! I think they are 7/16" in length.
Don't get frustrated just spread clip and insert it hoe in bulkhead It will hold enough Bob Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back