• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some 71 B body interior pics w/o a headliner installed

70chall440

Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
I am assembling my 71 Charger and I need some pics of the inside of the car of specifically the rear window area and over the doors. I have these 2 plates and I am trying to determine where they go. I thought over the doors but they don't seem to fit there, someone suggested around the back window but I'd like to know for sure.

Also, do 71s use the retainer clips? Doesn't seem to be the case but again not sure. This is a 4 bow headliner.

IMG_8841.jpg

I rebuilt my entire interior, and I honestly do not recall seeing these as part of the interior. Mine is a '71 SE. My bows did not use any clips. Insert ends in 1 of 3 holes for adjustment. Could those plates have been spot welded to any framework? (interior of doors or 1/4 windows)

I rebuilt my entire interior, and I honestly do not recall seeing these as part of the interior. Mine is a '71 SE. My bows did not use any clips. Insert ends in 1 of 3 holes for adjustment. Could those plates have been spot welded to any framework? (interior of doors or 1/4 windows)
@Austin Charger

They definitely do not seem to fit anywhere but to be completely honest I did not try all that hard to fit them. My first thought was that they go above the doors but I did look pretty hard at that and they did not seem to fit at all now did anything line up. I did kind of look at the back window but my initial reaction was that they did not fit there either. Its definitely possible that they are not for this car as I got it completely disassembled and lots of boxes of parts.

I did think I needed those clips but there was/is some info online that suggested I do.

My 74 got around 6 clips (3 on each side) in between bows but nothing more. I can’t recall any other extra trim for attaching.

Those are not for a 71-74. There are no clips for the bows, there are metal tabs welded in place with two or three holes each that the bows slip in. My 71 has 6 bows but they switched to 4 later in the year.

So I think we are a hard no on the clips, so now I need to determine if I need those metal plates or not.

I just finished the 71 and have my 74 original interior all out now and there are no plates like that. Maybe on a sunroof car?? Never seen them before.

I definitely don't have a sun roof car so they did come from my car if thats the case.

I definitely don't have a sun roof car so they did come from my car if thats the case.
Those look like something from an earlier b body, goes around sides, rear window, i'm referencing a 67 b body sedan.

The clips my headliner got are similar to these, but without the tooth.

61efRbYIsLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

but sure my car was assembled in Venezuela not in USA. So it could be a local deal.

Are they needed? Probably not. The headliner side moldings got spring retainers which also catches the headliner.

Is it better to get them? IMHO yes. You can install the headliner better with them.

At the end they are cheap and easy to install.

Those work good to keep the seams from splinting apart. I use one at each bow along with some glue before attaching the molding.

IMG_2080.jpg

I installed them in between the bows helping to keep it stretched it on that area from side to side. I attached the clips on one side, then pulling from the other side, attached, then removed the first ones and pulled it from that side and attached again... No glue used.

Auto Transport Service
Back