• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger 3 speaker dash replacement speakers

Baklash555

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I have the 3 speaker set up with am 8. I sent stereo off and had it upgraded to AM FM 8 track with bluetooth and all. it puts out more watts now and has power and ground for each speaker. I want to upgrade the outside and center speakers for better sound. (my old speakers are just frames) Have any of you bought speakers that fit the holes that you were happy with?
Thanks Glen

Sorry this isn't more specific....I suggest you take off the left/right speaker covers and stop in a speaker shop. I think mine are something like a 3"(?) off-the-shelf round speaker. All I had to do was oblong out one/both of the speaker mounting holes (in the aftermarket speaker itself) and the aftermarket speakers fit right in. I will warn you that my aftermarket speakers stick up 2mm-3mm too tall, so they make the left/right speaker covers "bulge out" just a tiny bit (just a FYI).

For the center speaker, I found some aluminum adapter plate (either here or on moparts?) that mounts two 3"(?) speakers, just like the aftermarket outer ones described above, side-by-side and allows them to mount in the existing location.

Here's a setup that is similar to what I used

I have one of these a member made for me years back and I never used it.

100_2349 (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back