• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger colors

Like others have posted there's no real breakdown with colors and certain options. Regardless, it's an R/T.

Like others have posted there's no real breakdown with colors and certain options. Regardless, it's an R/T.
Ok and thank you. Wonder how rare that color actually is. Would be great to know and bring it back to original color.

Ok and thank you. Wonder how rare that color actually is. Would be great to know and bring it back to original color.
That car is definitely worth restoring to fender tag specs. But, it's entirely up to the owner how they want it.

That car is definitely worth restoring to fender tag specs. But, it's entirely up to the owner how they want it.
My dad has given them to his grandkids. And I want to get them the biggest bang for the buck when they sell them.

What's odd is that it's an ordered R/T but no designation for either receiving a bumblebee stripe or deleting it.

Standard black stripe is not coded on a 68 tag.

The lack of a color code or delete code tells us the car came with a black stripe.

Standard black stripe is not coded on a 68 tag.

The lack of a color code or delete code tells us the car came with a black stripe.
0(zero)---black bumblebee
4----red bumblebee
7----white bumblebee
8----stripe deleted

I have one now & I sold another a few years back. That color Charger is in the brochure, so people liked what they saw in the pictures & ordered it.

2.jpg

s-l300.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Without factory records, there is no way to know color distribution for 1968 especially if we rely on personal observation and memory.
without factory records, then personal observation and memory is definitely all we got.

My AA1 silver had nothing on the tag either for bumble bee stripe, so before I had the car stripped i hand sanded that area, they were there.

Auto Transport Service
Back