• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger heater not working.

1968Charger27

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Need a little help on what the sliders control on the sides of the control panel. I've been messing with them and I don't think anything works. Not sure if the heater box is bad. Just need a little guidance on what I should be looking at to diagnose the issue.

20231126_141029.jpg

Need a little help on what the sliders control on the sides of the control panel. I've been messing with them and I don't think anything works. Not sure if the heater box is bad. Just need a little guidance on what I should be looking at to diagnose the issue.

View attachment 1583131
Far left is electric fan speed, center and far right are on cables. Can remove screws on unit and see if cable poped off or slide and see with glove box out if cables opening/closing on heater box unless you can see them without removing glove box. Hope this helps. Mine has resistance telling me it’s opening/closing. Think if it was easy the cable pooped off

Hey, heater blowing? Blown fuse for blower motor?

Far left is electric fan speed, center and far right are on cables. Can remove screws on unit and see if cable poped off or slide and see with glove box out if cables opening/closing on heater box unless you can see them without removing glove box. Hope this helps. Mine has resistance telling me it’s opening/closing. Think if it was easy the cable pooped off
Ok perfect. Thanks. What does the ride slider control and the left one being the fan speed is pressed all the way down faster and pull it towards me slower or vice versa?

Ok perfect. Thanks. What does the ride slider control and the left one being the fan speed is pressed all the way down faster and pull it towards me slower or vice versa?
Right should control temp amount of heat Yes left in faster out slower. Check fuse first and or ground. Maybe blower motor shot or critters in there lol. I’ve never replaced one in mine knock on would but inside the box. Switch good? Maybe gummed up. Another thing that plugs into the blower box and can be seen with out removing glove box ( think it’s green wire and black wire. Also it plugs into blower box resistor. I’ve seen those go bad but only for me when I don’t have 1 of 3 speeds

Send me a DM if you have other questions but I’m sure others will chime in

Under hood picture, is it even hooked up? Then fuses, sliders, switch, and blower resistor.

Looks like your control must have been replaced with a 69-70 style. 68 was different in appearance but probably functioned the same. Dash panel is ribbed in 68.

Auto Transport Service
Back