• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger R/T at Mecum

I guess if owner added up all his incidental expenses from the December Mecum and todays auction they lost money. Not to smart. I wanted to buy a 69 B5 Blue Roadunner off this site recently for $48K and it sold before I could buy it. That was just about a month ago. Now it's listed on ACC Auctions for Feb. 2024. Just don't get it.

To all, check 2023 Mecum auction results in December. Is this the same car that sold for $125,000. If yes why would an owner pay for shipping it home, pay Mecums buyer commission and then turn around and sell it at the next Mecum. What a gig for Mecum to be earning all this commission money. Nice car great color combo but I am scratching my head on this one.
This guy is a big collector, it’s his wing cars which are also going today. I doubt he bought it that recently, but possible. He’s on the web being interviewed saying he’s selling at no reserve because he trusts Dana etc. Will search VIN after the auction and see what gives. It’s always possible he bought it recently at Mecum and threw it into the mix of 15 or so cars he’s selling this time round.

To all, check 2023 Mecum auction results in December. Is this the same car that sold for $125,000. If yes why would an owner pay for shipping it home, pay Mecums buyer commission and then turn around and sell it at the next Mecum. What a gig for Mecum to be earning all this commission money. Nice car great color combo but I am scratching my head on this one.
I checked out the Mecum December 2023 White 68 versus the Mecum January 2024 White 68 — they are different cars. I think the one here in Kissimmee went for $115 plus 10% buyers premium, and the seller would have also paid Mecum another 6%. I’m not big on wing cars but I thought the prices on those here today might have been a little low? What do I know, but most were clean 440s and went for 130-180 (as I recall).

I checked out the Mecum December 2023 White 68 versus the Mecum January 2024 White 68 — they are different cars. I think the one here in Kissimmee went for $115 plus 10% buyers premium, and the seller would have also paid Mecum another 6%. I’m not big on wing cars but I thought the prices on those here today might have been a little low? What do I know, but most were clean 440s and went for 130-180 (as I recall).
I take it back: in the one run there were five wing cars that went for under $200k (like the one below) and six that went for over $200k.

IMG_6066.jpeg

Pentastar on pass side only is correct for 64(?)-72(?) for all passenger cars.

Pentastar on pass side only is correct for 64(?)-72(?) for all passenger cars
That is correct.....includes Right Hand Drive cars where the Pentastar is now located on the 'Driver side' of the vehicle.
20180317_084352.jpg
20220417_132319.jpg
20180317_084430.jpg

I guess if owner added up all his incidental expenses from the December Mecum and todays auction they lost money. Not to smart. I wanted to buy a 69 B5 Blue Roadunner off this site recently for $48K and it sold before I could buy it. That was just about a month ago. Now it's listed on ACC Auctions for Feb. 2024. Just don't get it.
This one?

IMG_6864.jpeg

I like that Red Torco Oil A-100 !

My 68 b body was only drilled for the penstar on the right. Now it has one on the left too. I guess it will work well in England or Japan and other places where they drive on the left.

As @hemischmitt said, different cars. Below is the one from December. Black interior.

20240104_145107.jpg

I would think it would be on the passenger side of the right hand drive cars? Right hand drive cars are parked left wheels to the curb just like we park right wheel to the curb, no? Putting it on the right side would defeat the purpose of the sidewalk identification.
I took the photos for the Car Club three shows running many years ago.....and it was hilarious walking around checking the Mopars. We found one car with no Pentastar, and two cars with one on each side. Most Judges didn't even notice that fact .....if it had an FoMoCo or a Bowtie on the front...that was the focus. :jackoff:

The one with no Pentastar had a 'poo worm' inside the fender over the hole where it should have been - that's Bondo in 'Merican. :lol:

Back in the 80’s, I referred to them as the “repaint indicator”. Few body shops bothered to remove or mask the little Pentastar. And it told the tale in more than a few instances.

I took the photos for the Car Club three shows running many years ago.....and it was hilarious walking around checking the Mopars. We found one car with no Pentastar, and two cars with one on each side. Most Judges didn't even notice that fact .....if it had an FoMoCo or a Bowtie on the front...that was the focus. :jackoff:

The one with no Pentastar had a 'poo worm' inside the fender over the hole where it should have been - that's Bondo in 'Merican. :lol:

:rofl:
Presumido :poke: :thumbsup:
Y si Cabron :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back