• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger RT going up for sale, Govier Doc'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzoro

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey fellow Mopar peeps, My bro is thinking about selling his 68 Charger RT and we are trying to figure out what it's approximate value is. It's a real RT and Govier documented this car about 10 years ago. It's a 1 of 1 according to him in reference to the trim/color etc.... It does not have the original engine but the rest is original. He pulled it apart to do the restoration on it and it has a brand new interior ready to go in after the body work/paint. Restored gauges (tic toc tach also), new dash, new console, carpet, new wiring harness all the way around, new door panels, the front seats have been done already, glass is good. The body needs a little work. It will need the wheel lip patches done. He has the new floor pans for it. It's got the heavy duty suspension, which is correct and it is a REAL RT. Any ideas as to what this car is worth? I've seen the crap on Ebay going for 15 grand and they are not even RT's. It is a 440 with an automatic. This car is a great car and I would have bought it but I just bought a 69 Super Bee. Can any of you experts give me an idea as to what this may be worth? I told him what I thought it is worth but he wants a second opinion. I figured around 20-25K with all the new stuff and the rarity. I am recommending he stay the heck away from EBAY, and we are in southern Arizona. Thanks

Perry

You didn't mention what the rare color/trim combo is to make it 1 of 1. This may help determine some better opinions. I recently sold a very solid 68' Charger R/T, matching motor and trans (both rebuilt with paperwork), all new interior, re-chromed bumpers, new seals and misc other stuff. It needed a full restoration, nice floors, needed trunk pan and extensions replaced (new ones came with car). Not so rare color (green/green). It sold for $13,950.

Pictures of the car in its current conditon would also help. Do you know where the car spent most of its life? A western car, that is somewhat rust free may be worth more than one that spent its life in the cold noth or midwest where we are addicted to salt in the winters.
Another thing; have the mechanicals been restored like the brake system, tranny, rear end, window regulators, suspension components, etc. etc.

Have not figured out how to post a picture or two. But it is in very good condition

Just my two cents, but pending more info and pics, I would say 20K would be on the high end and better not need a heck of a lot at that price.

Sounds like its in pieces needing complete restoration. And non original motor. I think 20-25 is dreaming in the current economy. I would like to see several pics and info to show its rarity. More info needed to prove me wrong. jmho

Thanks everybody for the input. I just sold the car for my buddy and I did get 25K for it. It would seem with a restoration, these RT's are worth big bucks, original motor or not.

Perry

Congratulations on your sale. Out of curiosity what color was it that made it so rare (1 of 1)?

Thanks everybody for the input. I just sold the car for my buddy and I did get 25K for it. It would seem with a restoration, these RT's are worth big bucks, original motor or not.

Perry

Good deal. Was it to a member here?

Nobody here.

The car was Beige with a green Vinyl top, green interior and a white *** stripe. Galen said he's seen no others like it.

Has anybody seen the prices of the 68 RT's??? They are selling in the 30's and 40's. Even without the correct engine. And, with only 30 thousand (about) made, there is not a lot of these cars left. anything below 20K and they are piles of junk. I just sold a 68 NON RT and got 15K for it and it was in need of serious work. Hmmmmmm. I guess supply and demand will drive the prices, Dreaming or not Dreaming....That is the question.....

bonzoro, I hate to break it to you but you can still find decent 68-70 Chargers
I bought my 69 for $5,000 it was not a R/T but it was a complete un-molested
car that had sat for nearly 20 years in a garage. not a rust bucket and all complete, so before you say these cars are gone and there are none left you better re-evaluate that statement, I know of a clean 68 Charger that is in a estate auction that is a R/T and it will be sold next week and it has sat nearly 30 years!

I will say that you lucked out selling that car for $25K. Rarity does not always equate to value and that is the case with that butt ugly color combo. Not being mean, just stating the facts.

Buying the floor pans for the car is the cheap part, wait until the buyer finds out how long it takes to put them in correctly.

Cash that check QUICK if you haven't already before the buyer comes to his senses.

Full asking price in 40 hrs in this economy... really??? i still want pics

Wow, some of you guys are a bunch of ********. This will be my last post and last visit here. Sorry for the post in the first place. For the chumps in AZ and KS..... KMA

You are a newbee.

You come on the site looking for a buyer for your brothers car and ask for opinions of value.

You then state that you have sold it for your original estimate.

Others offer their opinion (you asked for them) and then you get bent out of shape at their comments.

My GUESS would be that you found a small town uneducated buyer to the current market that has likely been watching reruns of old B-J sales if any value investigation took place at all. YOU GOT VERY LUCKY based on the condition description and color combo you gave. Also regarding your GG 1 of 1 info, that is very subjective. GGs 1 of 1 comment is based on HIS ONLY data base of KNOWN cars. There are many other model specific sites that have much larger numbers and info on KNOWN cars than GG has.

If you can't take the constructive critisisum (sp) then we don't need you or your name calling commenting here. Find another sand box to crap in.

Wow, some of you guys are a bunch of ********. This will be my last post and last visit here. Sorry for the post in the first place. For the chumps in AZ and KS..... KMA

THANK GOD!!! :ufo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back