• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Seat Belt Mounting Provisions

odin

Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
I searched and looked through the numerous posts regarding seat belts, but I could not find pics of the mounting provisions for a 68 Charger. My car had no seat belts when I bought it. I recently removed the carpet and the replacement rockers do not have provisions for mounting the front bucket seat belts. There are welded nuts on the center hump, but not in the rockers. The headliner is in the car, but I also need to locate the mounting location for the shoulder belt. I bought Seat Belt Planet 3-point conversion belts from another member and want to install them. Please show me some pics of the correct locations and provisions I should be using. Or point me to the post(s) that already show what I am looking for.

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

I am hoping someone has their 68 Charger in bare metal and can measure the location of the outer seatbelt anchor hole on the floor/rocker panel for each side.

20210110_155216.jpg
20210110_155236.jpg
20210110_155247.jpg
20210116_164959.jpg
20210116_165017.jpg

Mine is a 69 but I'm pretty sure it would be the same. (Someone more knowledgeable can confirm or deny that.) If you agree they are the same, I will be up at the shop tomorrow or Monday and I could throw a ruler on it for you.
Let me know here or in a PM and we can work it out. I can try to get some better pics, attachment method and fastener details if needed.

View attachment 1641424View attachment 1641428View attachment 1641429View attachment 1641430View attachment 1641431

Mine is a 69 but I'm pretty sure it would be the same. (Someone more knowledgeable can confirm or deny that.) If you agree they are the same, I will be up at the shop tomorrow or Monday and I could throw a ruler on it for you.
Let me know here or in a PM and we can work it out. I can try to get some better pics, attachment method and fastener details if needed.
Thanks! I already have the retractors and correct bolts. I ordered anchors that I will weld in place when I know the correct location for the bolt hole.

Thanks! I already have the retractors and correct bolts. I ordered anchors that I will weld in place when I know the correct location for the bolt hole.
Ok, will do. Like I said, give me a couple/few days and I'll try to hook you up.

IMG_1615.JPG

- 1.5" down from top of rocker to center line of bolt
- 16.875" forward from vertical floor section to center line of bolt

Same dimensions on both sides.
Please excuse the crudity of the illustration!

View attachment 1643265
- 1.5" down from top of rocker to center line of bolt
- 16.875" forward from vertical floor section to center line of bolt

Same dimensions on both sides.
Please excuse the crudity of the illustration!
Outstanding! That is exactly what I need. Thanks so much

My pleasure. I hope it all works out well for you!

Auto Transport Service
Back