• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet 440 project worth?

69chargerboy

Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need more help. Thinking of selling my beautiful 68 Coronet. I have too many cars, want to thin the herd. Wondering what I would ask or prospectively get from this sale. 1968 Coronet 440. Original California car. Gorgeous body and paint, beautiful fit and finish in original color LL1. Top of the line PPG paint and clear. Has a new AMD roof skin, had a small patch done on rear left quarter. New vinyl top, emblems, dash painted, restored original 3 speed wiper motor, suspension done, FatMat soundproofing, new installed headliner, have all interior. Re-chromed front bumper, Fender tag, build sheet. Was a 318 car. Now have a 383 with 727. Open 3.23 rear end. Have all glass except windshield and rear glass. Hate to sell, but need to make room. Thanks in advance!

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/68-coronet-440-restoration.70151/

95B922DD-86AC-4092-876B-26A964749A42.jpeg 2FAD5ADC-B460-4E66-A6FA-35EE22728CC2.jpeg 836503B4-9C75-4D27-9122-A13E94EC6FAF.jpeg 24E7F460-9E7E-40F5-BB34-0FC51F4B834A.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice looking car. How is the interior and dash? I would not let it go for less them 8k

What it cost you in paint and body work alone is what its worth at a minimum. Mind you thats not taking into consideration the basic value of the car itself and the drivetrain. Id not sell it for one cent less.

Very nice looking car. How is the interior and dash? I would not let it go for less them 8k

Thank you. The split bench with headrests and rear seat needs recovered. Door panels are in great shape. I have a new carpet. Dash has been re painted. Gauges are fine. Needs a dash pad. I have the original radio etc...

Are you selling the car complete and put back together?

Not putting it back together to sell. Just as it is with all the parts.
Thank You.
As is, in parts, will obviously be much less than a complete car. You didn't mention if the motor and trans were rebuilt which matters too. I would guesstimate in the $10-$15k range with all the body work done and the nice paint job.

roller? or a complete package? would have something to do with what you would ask. and if you can use the engine and trans on another project. my 2 pennies

It's definitely a nice looking car and a great project for somebody to finish.

Not really a sellers market though.
If the motor and trans are sound just need to be installed, I'm guessing $8k.

Auto Transport Service
Back