• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet R/T long side stripe HELP!!

The Mopar Dude

Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
Just finishing a resto on a 68 Coronet R/T that had the stripe delete, and came with the long pinstripe down the side. The stripe was long gone when we got the car, and I think I have seen every possible picture on earth of the stripe, but cant get a good one to show the pinstriper. I do have a good picture of a 68 that had a small piece of chrome running the length of the car in the same place the stripe would go, but not the actual stripe. Its a double stripe--1/4" & 1/8", and I think the 1/4" is on top seperated by a 1/4" space, but not sure of what the ends look like.
Anybody have a 68 with the original stripe like that? Sure could use a couple close ups of the ends and the door handle area where it bends up to go down the quarter. Thanks for any help!

Just finishing a resto on a 68 Coronet R/T that had the stripe delete, and came with the long pinstripe down the side. The stripe was long gone when we got the car, and I think I have seen every possible picture on earth of the stripe, but cant get a good one to show the pinstriper. I do have a good picture of a 68 that had a small piece of chrome running the length of the car in the same place the stripe would go, but not the actual stripe. Its a double stripe--1/4" & 1/8", and I think the 1/4" is on top seperated by a 1/4" space, but not sure of what the ends look like.
Anybody have a 68 with the original stripe like that? Sure could use a couple close ups of the ends and the door handle area where it bends up to go down the quarter. Thanks for any help!

This help? Looks like it follows the 440's SS trim. About 1.5 months ago I could of measured that up for you, but my holes are long gone and under at least a few coats of paint by now hopefully.

69BB.jpg

I found that picture and have it for reference. It is in about the same place as the 440 stainless. Main thing Im after is what the ends of the stripe look like, and wheter the top stripe is 1/4" or 1/8", or the other way around.

Sorry mate, that's all I've got. Maybe have a look through the 68-70 Coronet Pic thread I started in the 66-70 B-Body section. Might be more in there, but I don't remember seeing any...

Auto Transport Service
Back