• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet quarter panel ends - what do they look like?

TT from NH

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
I'm fabricating the quarter panel ends on my 68 Coronet and don't know what they are supposed to look like; the originals have just rusted away. I've attached a picture of what I've fabricated so far and what I'm missing. If anyone can post a couple of pictures of the driver's side and the passenger's side, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

a.png

Last edited:
the quarter just squeezes to the drop off and hides behind the bumper

Thanks Chongo 68 and eldubb440. The pictures you provided, Chongo 68, helped me see how far down it DOESN'T go, and eldubb 440's description seals the deal. I'll use my swiss cheese tail to determine the rest of the shape for this fabricated piece. (And I'm probably overthinking it anyway.) Thanks for the help!!

Okay, I put in the trunk pan, the drops, the rear cross rail, and the tail for fitment and it looks like I'm missing a piece. See Chonga 68's picture and my picture. What is this piece? Or did I purchase the wrong rear cross rail? (I don't have a problem fabricating something (eldubb440 has made me fearless!)

b.png

c.png

make one out of a piece of cereal box, transfer it to metal, flip it over for the other side........ his looks like it fits a little funny, I may have a pic

a flange on the top welds to the bottom of the trunk pan with a couple/few plug welds

a flange on the side attaches to the drop

Dadsbee, the blue pic's the money shot. Thanks! And thanks for the link to the actual part, Toxic Orange 493. Dang, with your support, I am invincible :)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back