• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Coronet R/T Questions

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea or facts on the number of 68 Coronet R/T's built with power windows?
The second question is somewhat more difficult. So first the facts I know about this car. It's a real R/T, matching engine, 4-speed transmission and I suspect Dana 3:54. It has newer paint and interior all correct except the replacement carpet (black not dark green). At this stopping point everything is driver quality with a little wear. Transmission is fresh, 440 has been rebuilt at some point and runs strong. It's got a aftermarket intake and headers. All electrical works correctly after many hours of removing aftermarket crap that didn't work. Power windows have been returned to the car and work great. Engine harness, transmission harness were replaced and power window harness was repaired. The front to rear light harness was new at some point. It's not a high option car and the only unexpected option is the power windows. My question is what's the value? I can't seem to find any comparable cars out there. All I see are either much better or much worse and prices are all over the board. On a added note, I have found no rust on this car.
Open for discussion, thanks. I'm not well versed on 68-70 values, as I'm a 66-67 guy.

20211202_153916.jpg

20211104_120840.jpg

20210601_180952.jpg
20190919_174726.jpg

Pretty odd to see it without a console or Rallye dash. Also, no power steering or brakes. But it does have the 26" radiator, which could be part of the Dana axle package.

Pretty odd to see it without a console or Rallye dash. Also, no power steering or brakes. But it does have the 26" radiator, which could be part of the Dana axle package.
Like I said a low option car. The A1 on the fender tag is 26" radiator. The 440 4-speeds got a Dana, not sure about the radiator.

26" radiator is part of the pkg when one gets the 4spd , same for the Dana ( with a 440 )

Value ???? Absolutly no rust ? original block and trans ?
If so,,,,,I would dare a guess low mid 40s ?????
In the shape I see I cant see it pulling above 50.
But Ive been wrong before so who knows

pwr windows will add desirability . But not much in regards to value IMO

26" radiator is part of the pkg when one gets the 4spd , same for the Dana ( with a 440 )

Value ???? Absolutly no rust ? original block and trans ?
If so,,,,,I would dare a guess low mid 40s ?????
In the shape I see I cant see it pulling above 50.
But Ive been wrong before so who knows

pwr windows will add desirability . But not much in regards to value IMO
I have had it pretty well gutted on the inside, floor pans seen to be original and rust free, no signs of any noticeable bondo on the exterior panels. Trunk and deck lid are perfect. Some flaking paint on the underside of the hood, but no rust. The under side and frame rails are great. So I'm pretty sure no rust.

Nice car! Iirc you could get any color rug you wanted in the 4 speed cars as long as it was black in ‘68.

Last edited:
Nice that it is so solid. I cannot help with a value.

The fender tag states it had a console when new.
Console
Buckets
Sold car
26” rad
Power windows
Green top
F70-14 redlines
440 4 speed 3.54 Dana
Black transverse stripe-tape

Axle package gets a 26” radiator. A 3.54 Dana is an axle package.

That car was ordered by a customer.

For my taste the rare power windows are not a desirable option on a performance b-body, too much weight and potential problems.

Nice that it is so solid. I cannot help with a value.

The fender tag states it had a console when new.
Console
Buckets
Sold car
26” rad
Power windows
Green top
F70-14 redlines
440 4 speed 3.54 Dana
Black transverse stripe-tape

Axle package gets a 26” radiator. A 3.54 Dana is an axle package.

That car was ordered by a customer.

For my taste the rare power windows are not a desirable option on a performance b-body, too much weight and potential problems.

Yup... The 6 under the small a = console...

Nice car!! Very similar to mine, so I hope it's worth alot! In my opinion it's worth more than 50k. There isn't many left, especially with the 4 speed.

I would think that the original carpet color was green, but whatever the value is, deduct 5 grand for the full green interior. :D

This one is a little like the 66-67, under valued. Triple green doesn’t help this one.
473BC9EB-8059-4BC8-9B2D-E533A8A4533B.png

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Jerry. I was thinking 45ish, as it sounds like you will still be sorting it out and putting more in to it, 68 are pretty cool in my book!

I would think that the original carpet color was green, but whatever the value is, deduct 5 grand for the full green interior. :D
Yes, per the fender tag in another discussion, the carpet was originally dark green. Actually I like the green on the outside, other than the vinyl top. Black, white, or tan, would have been much better on the interior. It is what it is, but it will be a fun driver.

but it will be a fun driver.
No lie. The 68's were so prone to rust. Nice find,real nice.Reminds me of my sister's 500 triple green.
Dad bought it for her to go to collage.Rusted to nothing in 5 years.

I had a very similar '68 I picked up back in '83. Double green (no vinyl top), stripe delete, 440 4spd, no console, but with buddy seat. No power anything. It did have the rally dash and a wood grain wheel though. Miss that car and it's unusual history (that is a whole saga of it's own). I would love to get it back, but no luck. I was able to locate it a couple of years ago in St. Catherines, On. though.

Last edited:
Nice car! Iirc you could get any color rug you wanted in the 4 speed cars as long as it was black in ‘68.
I think detmatt1 has a good point on the black carpet.

The restoration book, I don’t remember the name, stated that ‘68 4-speed cars came with black. At least that’s how I did my ‘68 GTX.

Auto Transport Service
Back