• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68 coronet tail panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robking

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
Before I buy a 69 panel from AMD to patch the lower half of mine, thought I would check to see if someone had one in good shape.

Thanks!
Robbie

.....I'm still looking for you too.........that's a tough one for sure.

Aint't it though. Right up there with 68 trunk lids. Would be interesting to know if any 68 tail panels sold for recently, if it's crazy money I'm still better off buying 69 as a patch I guess. Mine is technically repairable but the amount of labor makes the $600 AMD wants for the tail panel a little easier to swallow.

This is mine, upper half is in good condition once I blast it but the bottom is just rust holes all the way across.

my_tail_panel.jpg

I remember selling mine to a guy over seas. He requested that I leave an extra 1" overlap of sheet metal all away around. This was a bear of a job because I had to ruin the trunk floor, quarters (but it was a 4 DR car) and drop downs. I charged him extra because of the request due to me not being able to sell the surrounding sheet metal as full pieces. However I didn't cut into the frame rails (wasn't about to) but it was very labor intensive since he needed the overlap (hard to explain w/o seeing what was needed do to).

Anyway he ended up paying me over $1000.00 (I forget the exact amount). That covered me shipping it to a New Jersey shipping dock from Nevada. So he still had to pay more $$$ to get it over seas. I bet he ended up paying near $2000.00 USD to get it to him. And I'm guessing with his 1" overlap request was from his body guy so that he could carefully remove the spot welds himself. This was back in 2017. That I guess is how crazy one needed a '68 tail panel. Oh and BTW I ended up selling the trunk lid way too cheap to another guy. $750.00 rust free, dent free. I realized that they demanded a lot of $$$ but not in the likes of $1200+. WOW

Sorry for the long story.

I bought a used one 3 years ago in very good shape and it set me back 600

I bought a used one 3 years ago in very good shape and it set me back 600

A member had one for $350, needs some metal work but pretty much rust free (thanks Jeff). All this stuff just keeps getting harder to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back