• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Dodge Charger R/T AM Radio model 256

Gentleman

Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi members,

I need some help with my radio. My Charger has a radio installed, but it is not working. It has the look of an 68 radio but is from 1969 or 70, I am not realy sure.

So it is not working and I am trying to get an original radio for my car. (testet it with speaker) What I know is, (from research only) that the radio I am looking for, is a Bendix Model 256. It has AM only. I have an AM Transmitter, its working perfectly on my AM Station at home and on a Radio on a 67 Mustang. So I would like to use it on my car too.

I have an original brochure from 68 and the push buttons for the memory function (I dont know how to name it) are chrome. All models I can find are just black. Was it just chrome for the Charger in 68?

If anybody has one in stock and wants to sell it, it would be great!

I added two pictures and here is also a link from a cool websides for radios.
https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/bendi...r_radio_dodge_charger_8bdc.html?language_id=2

greetings

crysler_all_transistor_radio_dodge_1796916.jpg crysler_all_transistor_radio_dodge_1796919.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back