• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8-track player in factory stereo location?

kaj750

Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
I've been searching here for a couple days...
Taking all the threads and putting them together: It seems there is a factory 8-track player for the 1969 Dodge Charger, IF I can find one. It also looks like there is a different plastic surround than what I have for my AM radio. Is this all correct?
If so, does anyone have a suggestion on where I could find everything I needed to convert my AM radio over to a *functioning* 8-track player?

Thanks, in advance!

I still have the 8 track radio in my red 70 Charger. There are slight differences between the 69 and 70 radio and bezels. Mine always has Van Halen I in it. Lol.

I didn’t even hook my radio up. I just put one under the dash, wired it into an equalizer/booster, I have 2 6x9s in the package tray, and 2 4” in the dash. It’s amazing how good it sounds!

7B06062B-4B33-4004-A00C-40E507C0FEF3.jpeg

I didn’t even hook my radio up. I just put one under the dash, wired it into an equalizer/booster, I have 2 6x9s in the package tray, and 2 4” in the dash. It’s amazing how good it sounds!

View attachment 1594850
This ^^^ was the common look back in the day. We'd do under dash 8-track installs, most times with the slide-out mount so you'd take the unit with you when you parked the car. A couple of Jensen 6x9 on the shelf, a couple of small rounds in the kick panels, and you're ready to rock.

I've been searching here for a couple days...
Taking all the threads and putting them together: It seems there is a factory 8-track player for the 1969 Dodge Charger, IF I can find one. It also looks like there is a different plastic surround than what I have for my AM radio. Is this all correct?
If so, does anyone have a suggestion on where I could find everything I needed to convert my AM radio over to a *functioning* 8-track player?

Thanks, in advance!
I have one I believe. DM if you want to discuss. Has Dodge face plate but understand it’ll need to be gone through like most people send out

Feel free to message me re: your 8 track radio needs. I have several restored units on hand. Joe

IMG_0967.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back