• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Dodge Charger - Rare one ?????

Hey just out of curiosity what kind of rim is that flipped over and sticking out of the trunk??

Hey just out of curiosity what kind of rim is that flipped over and sticking out of the trunk??

Looks like the back side od what most incorrectly call a Magnum 500 wheel, which is the marketing name for the like type wheels on Fords of that era.

Thought it looked like a recall wheel as it appears to be aluminum/magnesium? thought the magnums were steel?

Last edited:
Thouht it looked like a recall wheel as it appears to be aluminum/magnesium? thought the magnums were steel?

They are steel. They are chrome plated. It appears to me to be a dirty chrome backed peice and the pattern appears to be the wheel I mentioned.
The chroming on the back of the wheels were not finished as well as the fronts and are duller.

696Pack I really don't know what to tell you, I've tried to be nice and hold back my temper but that hasn't worked. I have run out of evidence to support my argument because you dismiss it as of my inexperience. Today however I will say YOU ARE RIGHT.

You'll have to excuse me because, remember I have a '69 Charger with a big 440 and Air. I'm used to 69's so that's where it came from. OK?

Thought you guys might like to see some happy snaps of this 68 I am questions about.

I admit I haven't gone back and read the entire thread. But if these pics are of the car you're talking about, it isn't an A/C car unless the firewall has been changed

I have to resurrect this thread because I have a 383 4 Speed with air - build sheet confirmed. With the VIN numbers, Galen's book shows 259 built. It wouldn't make sense that of the 259 all were 4 speeds with air, would it?

Auto Transport Service
Back