• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 frame rails for 67 gtx

that.slownightr

Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
Hey y'all new member so apologies if this has been asked before or is in the wrong thread, I used the search but came up empty handed on information.

I am wanting to start a project with my dad and restore a 1967 Plymouth GTX and had a few questions. The most important, will the 1968/70 GTX rear frame rails work with a 67? Excluding any hardware such as spring mounts just the bare basic rails, is there any difference in the 2 year models?

The next is if the 68 frame rails won’t work does anyone have a source for true 67 frame rails either ready made or custom fabrication? This mag be a stretch on information but this will be a sentimental and very important project so money or difficulty is a non issue.

Thanks y’all!

I do not think the 68 fits the 67. I would place a wanted to buy. Did you check AMD to see if they ever made them?

someone here has what you need.... this place never disappoints

place an ad in the WTB forum

1708738695831.png

The basic frame rail will work between 66-70 Plymouth but there are minor differences such as exhaust hanger provisions, fuel tank hangers and fuel filler holes. If you have the original rails as a template those provisions can be added to the newer year rails.

I have a few pairs of 67 Dodge Coronet rear framerails in nice used condition. But them being from the Dodge line of B body cars, you will need to use the Plymouth line b body car rear shackle boxes. Ply vs Dodge are 1" difference in location where the shackel hangers bolt through. Main frames are the same. The only issue is both bodies are outside at this time, but could work on getting them out as weather permits.

I'm picking up a 67 plymouth parts car in a week or 2. It SUPPOSEDLY has solid rear rails. I was going to make do with those on my 70 satellite, so if you have the later model rails and wanted to trade we could discuss that. I am in Southwest Ohio. Trunk and trunk extensions look solid too if you wanted the whole rear, I just need the floor and torsion bar crossmemeber.

Auto Transport Service
Back