• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Frame Rails Question

GTX 440

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
I need to consult the experts. I always come here first with my newbie questions.
I need to replace both front Frame Rails on my 1971 Plymouth GTX. But, I do not see any replacement rails listed for my application. In combing through various postings, some people have said that the replacement front rails for a 70-74 Barracuda or Challenger will direct fit because they are the same. Is this true?

I see AMD, GoodMark and Sherman make the replacements for the 70-74 Barracuda and Challenger. Is one manufactures part better than the others? Do they all come with the 3 brackets installed? (bump stop bracket, brake line connection bracket and ???)

Also, Can I replace the frame rails without replacing the shock towers? I would prefer to keep as much original sheet metal as possible.

Thanks!

Contact member Moparmark...... he deals in 71-74 B body sheetmetal. Good guy to deal with.

That question has been discussed on this site before, and the concensus was that they are the same. You don't need to change your shock towers.

Simple answer is yes, E body rails are the same. However, there are some variations, such as bumper mount holes on the 73-74 E bodies changed. You can use AMD E body frame rails on a 71-72 B body.

Mopar mark all day long. Factory rails are best IMO. It will save you HOURS of labor

Auto Transport Service
Back