• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 gtx

Going through my FTP server and found a couple more pictures...

frontend.jpg

gtx06.jpg

I really like the video! Is that the factory color?
KID

I think I have spring fever now!

Thanks for the complements guys...the color is a one year only color for 68... M5 charcoal gray metalic...it's a color that you either really hate or like...

I think it's a dandy color, but for me the blackwalls don't make it. Maybe red stripes or even some blue streaks would look cool. Just my opinion though. That and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffee....

I agree...the thing is that the old GTX is very hard on rear tires...I only can get 12-14 good 3rd gear burn outs (that's where I dump the clutch and stand on it) out of a set of tires.Any more and it's a waste of valve springs because there just isn't any tire left to smoke.
The video that you see is on a finished set of tires hardly any tire smoke...
And to burn up a set of Corker red lines every weekend just can't afford that.

Somehow I missed the video before. But after seeing it I suppose you've got a point there. But I'd be worried about boiling up Pep Boys tires like that (they're about the cheapest on the planet)

Those tires are Goodyear's top of the line tire ...a friend of mine owns a Goodyear store and gives me a break on them...This last set I got this summer are Dunlop GT's...He told me it's getting really hard to find 14's for my car and to take it easy :grin:

Man I could almost smell the rubber. Super nice. Where did you score the throttle brackets or are they custom?

Daredevil...

There custom I make them and I also make timing pointers for Jesel belt drives...or what ever needs to be made.

george...

Thanks for the complement...

and I do everything...motor/trans/paint/body you name it I do it...for over 30 years now :70s_rule:...LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back