• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Hemi RT Charger values

Finished, they go anywhere between 150-200K. Put together a rough restoration cost, then add 40%. Then, subtract that total figure from 175K (middle average price of a finished car) & that's what you should buy it for.
At THIS current presenting juncture of economic fundamentals .... where 'costs' of money are rising substantially, imo, the above represents pretty sound advice.
I would suggest restoration costs, ongoing supply chain constraints and quickly skyrocketing Labor imputs .... and depending upon numbers/rarity of the candidate.... have all but gutted "project" vehicle valuations unless finished they are representing the epitome of the genre.
Non-numbers, missing documentation/Fender Tag/B-Sheet etc., etc., all detract.
$50K base requiring restoration... and then move up according to what noted above is present to collectibility/resale valuation upon completion.

Last edited:
At THIS current presenting juncture of economic fundamentals .... where 'costs' of money are rising substantially, imo, the above represents pretty sound advice.
I would suggest restoration costs, ongoing supply chain constraints and quickly skyrocketing Labor inputs .... and depending upon numbers/rarity of the candidate.... have all but gutted "project" vehicle valuations unless finished they are representing the epitome of the genre.
$50K base requiring restoration... and then move up according to what noted above is present to collectability/resale valuation upon compete last 1968Dodge charger HEMI car
I would suggest restoration costs, ongoing supply chain constraints and quickly skyrocketing Labor inputs .... and depending upon numbers/rarity of the candidate.... have all but gutted "project" vehicle valuations unless finished they are representing the epitome of the genre.
$50K base requiring restoration... and then move up according to what noted above is present to collectability/resale valuation upon completion.
The last 1968 dodge charger hemi car not restored sold at the Indianapolis Mecum auction for around $120.00 plus bidding fees and I believe that car needed total restoration. I never saw pictures of the engine compartment or interion. I don't believe the car ran. car was an export. I believe that car would need $100 thousand dollars to finish correctly. If the car was complete. Parts for these cars are extremely scarce. These dodge chargers hemi cars command a premium price. If you find a 68-69 or 70 HEMI charger for sale It won't be for sale long Best of luck searching Bob Horman

Here is my 68 Hemi Charger project. These cars are very difficult to find. I’ve spent a lot of time locating and collecting parts with the help of Bob Horman. They only made so many and I don’t think there are many projects on the market for sale. These cars are not cheap. I’ve tried to buy as many Nos parts as I could to restore it.

Russ

View attachment 1382717

View attachment 1382718

View attachment 1382719
Wow,a 68 with a 69 quarter panel.This should be interesting.

No actually it a Nos 70 quarter. It’s all I could find. I’ve already filled in the marker light as that picture is old. It’s still better than AMD.
Black fender a green door, a red primer quarter panel. got any blue or yellow panels for the car Russ i just having fun describing your car Bob h

Black fender a green door, a red primer quarter panel. got any blue or yellow panels for the car Russ i just having fun describing your car Bob h
Just a blue trunk lid and a pair of Nos doors that are gray and black!!

Auto Transport Service
Back